Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Day 2 was pretty fab, chemistry was surprisingly fun, bio was basic , I have the BEST teacher for SAC and math was pretty easy as well :) loving school right now

itsBozza

HSC
Hey guys my area of study for English this year is Change i was wondering if anyone could provide me with any kind of resources relating to change?.
and about my Physics class there are is way too much students in our class 30+ so therefore there is going to be a quiz about Waves( Wave equations, wave equations,energy transfers in communication and drawing of transverse and compression waves) next Wednesday. If we get ranked 25 and over in that test we have to drop the subject and choose another. If i don't pass this test what do you recommend me do? because i really want to stay in Physics much appreciated guys.

studded

HSC
Just got back from school. We had a thirty minute pep talk from our year coordinator at the beginning of the day, and then after moving into our homerooms we immediately started classes. In alphabetical order here are my thoughts on the classes I've had so far:

- Ancient History
I have a really awesome teacher who is incredibly enthusiastic and passionate about history so I can definitely see this inspiring motivation to excel.

- Biology
While all courses are content-heavy my teacher told us to expect a superior amount of content and handouts. I feel anxious to see what my workload will be like.

- Information Processes & Technology
My teacher gave us a quick and brief introduction to the topic we will continue to explore this term. I don't really have much of an impression on the course.

- Society & Culture
Gender, stereotypes, and generalisations; the three words that caught my attention instantaneously. I'm really looking forward to this subject as well as Ancient History. I'm glad they're linked after one another in most of my timetable's days.

- Studies of Religion II
I have a prepared and approachable teacher who I think will make this course very interesting.

Overall today was just an introduction to each course, there wasn't any homework set. Unfortunately I don't have any free periods which was a disappointment. I hope to see what tomorrow brings.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
So today I finished my after class for modern history and for homework due next Wednesday I have 25 short answer questions on the Romanov dynasty. Furthermore, I need to read over the theory in 3U maths on circle geometry since I did not understand all of it.

To summarise, I'm gonna have a busy afternoon of work. :(

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Hey guys my area of study for English this year is Change i was wondering if anyone could provide me with any kind of resources relating to change?.
and about my Physics class there are is way too much students in our class 30+ so therefore there is going to be a quiz about Waves( Wave equations, wave equations,energy transfers in communication and drawing of transverse and compression waves) next Wednesday. If we get ranked 25 and over in that test we have to drop the subject and choose another. If i don't pass this test what do you recommend me do? because i really want to stay in Physics much appreciated guys.
Ok I'm sorry but that is a really stupid and careless thing for your school to do. They are the ones who made the classes so they should know how many students they put, more so they can't just drop students because they don't rank well in the FIRST ever quiz that you do. They should've created another physics class, sorry it just makes me upset that people like you who are willing to learn and keen to do the subject should have to drop it over your schools stupidity. Any who, tell us your options and I'll do my best to help :)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Just got back from school. We had a thirty minute pep talk from our year coordinator at the beginning of the day, and then after moving into our homerooms we immediately started classes. In alphabetical order here are my thoughts on the classes I've had so far:

- Ancient History
I have a really awesome teacher who is incredibly enthusiastic and passionate about history so I can definitely see this inspiring motivation to excel.

- Biology
While all courses are content-heavy my teacher told us to expect a superior amount of content and handouts. I feel anxious to see what my workload will be like.

- Information Processes & Technology
My teacher gave us a quick and brief introduction to the topic we will continue to explore this term. I don't really have much of an impression on the course.

- Society & Culture
Gender, stereotypes, and generalisations; the three words that caught my attention instantaneously. I'm really looking forward to this subject as well as Ancient History. I'm glad they're linked after one another in most of my timetable's days.

- Studies of Religion II
I have a prepared and approachable teacher who I think will make this course very interesting.

Overall today was just an introduction to each course, there wasn't any homework set. Unfortunately I don't have any free periods which was a disappointment. I hope to see what tomorrow brings.
Society and culture buddy !

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
So today I finished my after class for modern history and for homework due next Wednesday I have 25 short answer questions on the Romanov dynasty. Furthermore, I need to read over the theory in 3U maths on circle geometry since I did not understand all of it.

Aw Sorry to hear that :( if it helps I have a lot of EE1 homework :D

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Oh and my AOS for advance is Identity so if anyone has any resources please PLEASE tell me , thank you !

J280

HSC

I've got a lot of work for Maths, Physics, Geography and Chemistry too :(

Examine

same
HSC
It's obviously their fault but iirc you can actually make students not take a subject due to class limits. :( So I guess your main choice is to study so that you can stay in (it sounds like you are willing to put in the effort to get into the top 25 since you are interested in Physics, so that is a big plus :) ).

Bummer :/ Tbh once I reached year 11 for all my subs except maths the teachers were quite laissez-faire in terms of study, so I ended up not getting that much homework.

J280

HSC
@hawkrider, have you started 3U topics already? I'm still on Year 10 review and its getting really mundane and boring :(

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
@hawkrider, have you started 3U topics already? I'm still on Year 10 review and its getting really mundane and boring :(
They mixed 2 and 3 unit together at my school,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)