• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axio

=o
HSC
Hey guys, does anyone actually know what discovery is?

Take the lion, the witch and the wardrobe for an example. Is the discovery in that book the discovery of Narnia - the place, or a discovery of a new perspective of the world or is it a discovery of identity, belonging :tongue:, etc?

Fiction

HSC
Hey guys, does anyone actually know what discovery is?

Take the lion, the witch and the wardrobe for an example. Is the discovery in that book the discovery of Narnia - the place, or a discovery of a new perspective of the world or is it a discovery of identity, belonging :tongue:, etc?
Apparently discovery, belonging, journey, change and all the other concepts from every other years, are linked somewhat. I would say it's both - I mean, you can have physical or emotional, psychological discoveries. I doubt the concept is limited to only one facet.

Axio

=o
HSC
Apparently discovery, belonging, journey, change and all the other concepts from every other years, are linked somewhat. I would say it's both - I mean, you can have physical or emotional, psychological discoveries. I doubt the concept is limited to only one facet.
It does make it quite a malleable topic then.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Precisely.

Axio, you need to realise that it's never enough to analyse an aspect of discovery in isolation. It's more your ability to make links with the concept. By forming threads you are demonstrating the ambivalent and multidimensional nature of discovery.

Fiction

HSC
Precisely.

Axio, you need to realise that it's never enough to analyse an aspect of discovery in isolation. It's more your ability to make links with the concept. By forming threads you are demonstrating the ambivalent and multidimensional nature of discovery.
A.K.A demonstrate textual intergrity.

Fiction

HSC
I'm confused - what's a module and what's an AOS? Is belonging an AOS or module, and does everyone do the same module/ AOS? I've always thought modules = essays, speeches creatives, and AOS = the actual concept. Idk how right that is though lol

What's module A, B and C? :O

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm confused - what's a module and what's an AOS? Is belonging an AOS or module, and does everyone do the same module/ AOS? I've always thought modules = essays, speeches creatives, and AOS = the actual concept. Idk how right that is though lol

What's module A, B and C? :O
Modules are like topics

For every difference level of English .... You must do 3 topics (modules) and one main topic (area of study) >> AOS

Fiction

HSC
Modules are like topics

For every difference level of English .... You must do 3 topics (modules) and one main topic (area of study) >> AOS
Would you be able to give an example? googling doesn't seem to give me a direct definition OTL

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Would you be able to give an example? googling doesn't seem to give me a direct definition OTL
There is no definition lol

It is something made up by the board of studies .....

An example of an area of study would be BELONGING which all English students had to do last year

Fiction

HSC
No worries !

Mmm any plans for today?
Well you see, I was planning on ditching maffs and english and bio, but then I accidentally got engaged to one of them. OTL Now I have a date with all three :c

You?:D

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Well you see, I was planning on ditching maffs and english and bio, but then I accidentally got engaged to one of them. OTL Now I have a date with all three :c

You?:D
:haha:

You compare school work to real life marriage and dating :p

Good to see you are being productive :)

Ummm uni work and assessments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)