Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myrdred

HSC
we have to get through like 4 chapters of "assumed knowledge"work before we can start the extension stuff and we have like 3 weeks to do it :/ im actually so scared about extension maths because ive had such a crappy teacher the past 3 years that even though i studied as best as i could, i literally failed my yearly exam last year :(
Mmmm I remember my maths in years 7,8 and 9. Barely 50%-60% in tests simply because I did nothing in class and didn't do the homework either. Sad days

Myrdred

HSC
aww aha. i nearly fell asleep in engineering studies which was just after recess...i didnt absorb anything at all. i walked out of class thinking wtf did we just do? >.>

also whats this Cambridge thing everyones talking about? is it a textbook?
Yeah it's a 3 Unit Maths textbook.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Don't worry! I did horrible in Maths in year nine it trust me if you work hard you'll do amazingly! We are always here to help you as well :)
aw. haha thanks :3 i managed to swap maths classes with someone because i ended up with that teacher...AGAIN!!!!!! so now im in the other ext 1 class which has a way better teacher :3 and no...i did not force her into swapping with me, she really wanted to be in my class and i really wanted to be in her class :p

Examine

same
HSC
OMG I WISH I WAS USING IT THEN!!!!! the one im using is probably crap :(
love the gif in ur signature section :3 ANGEL BEATS !!!!! :D
Are you using Maths in Focus? I'd recommend buying Cambridge and using it for studying when not doing homework since it gives a wide variety of questions of varying difficulty

Hahah I loved Angel Beats, but omfg the ending and his flashback incident was so sad ._. (had to hold back the tears)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
OMG I WISH I WAS USING IT THEN!!!!! the one im using is probably crap :(
love the gif in ur signature section :3 ANGEL BEATS !!!!! :D
You can always buy a copy if you want! Heaps of people are selling it in the sell section :)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Alright guys I'm off! Got a ton of English, bio and tutor homework :( see you all on the flip side ;)

J280

HSC
You can always buy a copy if you want! Heaps of people are selling it in the sell section :)
Agree with this, it's a very worthwhile investment and you can use it for 2 years, because Maths carries on as a 2 year course (well some of the content)

J280

HSC
Alright guys I'm off! Got a ton of English, bio and tutor homework :( see you all on the flip side ;)
See you later, I should be doing my Physics and Geography now XD
Guess I'm off for now too :)

Last edited:

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Are you using Maths in Focus? I'd recommend buying Cambridge and using it for studying when not doing homework since it gives a wide variety of questions of varying difficulty

Hahah I loved Angel Beats, but omfg the ending and his flashback incident was so sad ._. (had to hold back the tears)
OMG yes we are using Maths In Focus :| is it crap compared to Cambridge? I might see if I can buy the Cambridge one. trying to turn myself around and do well this year so I can do good in my HSC.

AAAAH!!!!!!! Angel Beats was the best!!! I cried throughout the whole last episode :'( it was soooo sad :(

Examine

same
HSC
Agree with this, it's a very worthwhile investment and you can use it for 2 years, because Maths carries on as a 2 year course (well some of the content)
Yup, it's really important to make sure you understand the concepts taught in Maths during prelims because unlike Business or Legal where you practically start off with a clean slate at the HSC prelims Maths is still very relevant for the HSC.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
hehehe... i should be doing my English hw, chemistry hw, engineering hw and multimedia assignment, but im just so tired and have the worst headache :(

Examine

same
HSC
OMG yes we are using Maths In Focus :| is it crap compared to Cambridge? I might see if I can buy the Cambridge one. trying to turn myself around and do well this year so I can do good in my HSC.

AAAAH!!!!!!! Angel Beats was the best!!! I cried throughout the whole last episode :'( it was soooo sad :(
Maths in Focus isn't necessarily bad (my school used it as well hahah) but I spent most of the time doing Cambridge questions. It's just that the questions that are in the textbook are fairly basic and won't really equip you with the skills to do harder questions in exams imo. The explanations/examples they give are easy to follow so the textbook is good at providing the basic knowledge.

I really loved Angel Beats, though I wish it went on a few episodes longer so that we got the background stories of all the characters in the group. It's still one of my favourite animes though.

Last edited:

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Maths in Focus isn't necessarily bad (my school used it as well hahah) but I spent most of the time doing Cambridge questions) it's just that the questions that are in the textbook are fairly basic and won't really equip you with the skills to do harder questions in exams imo. The explanations/examples they give are easy to follow so the textbook is good at providing the basic knowledge.

I really loved Angel Beats, though I wish it went on a few episodes longer so that we got the background stories of all the characters in the group. It's still one of my favourite animes though.
ahk. So you dont think the questions in Maths In Focus are hard enough? I'll try and get my hands on a copy of Cambridge if I can.

Omg Angel Beats is one of my favourite animes!! It was so good but I would've loved to know more about each of the characters.

Last edited:

Examine

same
HSC
ahk. So you dont think the questions in Maths In Focus are hard enough? I'll try and get my hands on a copy of Cambridge if I can.

Omg Angel Beats is one of my favourite anime's!! It was so good but I wouldv'e loved to know more about each of the characters.
Yeah, imo it's doesn't provide enough difficult questions to allow you to have a full grasp/fully understand topics. If you're aiming for an E4 for MX1 then I'd highly suggest you get a copy. (as well as doing past papers from different schools though atm it's early days so you don't need to worry too much about them)

It would have been so good if they did, the backstories of Yuri, Yui and Masami really hit the feels, but they're what made Angel Beats so good.

Examine

same
HSC
So guys, what were your first impressions of your subjects? Are there any subs that you feel you will be really interested in?

Last edited:
Reactions: h_g
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)