Year 11 2014 Chat :) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
i wanted to do history extension but my mom says no.. i do modern instead.
Who cares, don't conform to her expectations

It's all about YOU for the HSC, you have to make the choices that will suit YOU in the best manner possible

Tell her that she's not the one doing the HSC, YOU ARE the one doing the HSC

rawrliongirl

HSC
i wanted to do history extension but my mom says no.. i do modern instead.
Mum* sorrryyy it just irks me when people spell it as 'mom'.
and who cares what parents think, I barely listen to mine..wait maybe that's a bad thing... STILL! Do what you want to do for the HSC, it will hopefully make it a little more enjoyable for you because you usually do better in subjects you like anyway.

Last edited:

rawrliongirl

HSC
don't even have a binder ;^;
hahahaha, I was just too lazy to lug around books everyday. I just have this one binder for all my subjects and it's not one of those fat ones either. It's only meant to hold 150 sheets or something.
I'm so lazy. Whenever I finish a topic I just put all the stuff into the binder for that subject.
I use my Mac half the time anyway - I bring it most days cos I have multimedia. DET laptop is so slow so I just don't bother with it. If I don't bring a laptop I'll just bring my tablet.
My bag is usually pretty empty.
My laziness is probably a bad thing.....

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
hahahaha, I was just too lazy to lug around books everyday. I just have this one binder for all my subjects and it's not one of those fat ones either. It's only meant to hold 150 sheets or something.
I'm so lazy. Whenever I finish a topic I just put all the stuff into the binder for that subject.
I use my Mac half the time anyway - I bring it most days cos I have multimedia. DET laptop is so slow so I just don't bother with it. If I don't bring a laptop I'll just bring my tablet.
My bag is usually pretty empty.
My laziness is probably a bad thing.....
A good alternative for you is to just take a maximum of 20 sheets of past work to school , and then chuck the rest in the BIG FOLDER

lightthefuze

HSC
btw I found loose leaf to be extremely annoying when I tried it out at the end of Year 11, idk if it was because it was almost Prelim time or I had started the routine of offloading the week's work into a larger folder too late. I still have a load of loose leaf sheets and I was wondering if I could use those for this term and the use the exercise books that I planned to use to write my notes in?!?! Also, can we just bring up the debate of handwriting or typing notes?

ty

rawrliongirl

HSC
btw I found loose leaf to be extremely annoying when I tried it out at the end of Year 11, idk if it was because it was almost Prelim time or I had started the routine of offloading the week's work into a larger folder too late. I still have a load of loose leaf sheets and I was wondering if I could use those for this term and the use the exercise books that I planned to use to write my notes in?!?! Also, can we just bring up the debate of handwriting or typing notes?

ty
hmm well i got used to loose leaf. i prefer it than bringing a whole load of books to school and I tend to lose things easily so in a binder they're all there together (I still lose things sometimes though). :p
You could do that if you want to.
I prefer typing my notes, I get it done faster, I'm too lazy to write them out and I probably won't lose them (if I wrote them out I'd lose them). Then again, I do forget where I save things on my laptop and what the file names are... :3

lightthefuze

HSC
hmm well i got used to loose leaf. i prefer it than bringing a whole load of books to school and I tend to lose things easily so in a binder they're all there together (I still lose things sometimes though). :p
You could do that if you want to.
I prefer typing my notes, I get it done faster, I'm too lazy to write them out and I probably won't lose them (if I wrote them out I'd lose them). Then again, I do forget where I save things on my laptop and what the file names are... :3
Thoughts on those that will respond with "but writing them makes you memorise it better"

matchalolz

HSC
Thoughts on those that will respond with "but writing them makes you memorise it better"
although writing makes u memorise better, as long as you get the content inside your head it makes no difference lol

i type 80% of my notes and write 20% -> i handwrite my notes the day before minor exams e.g. only focusing on one topic, because there's not much to write and it's a great way to remember my stuff. However, if I'm writing notes in advance for major exams, I tend to type, because when i write, the page gets too cluttered and I don't like looking at messy things when I'm re-reading the notes later on...

i basically have handwritten notes for some topics and typed notes for others but it works lol

matchalolz

HSC
should i spend these last few hours watching anime or doing maths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)