Year 11 2014 Chat :) (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Quit complaining xoxo. I have to learn a 392 page manual in one semester.

liamlolz

HSC
Got an A in my Biology test :) Have another Maths test Thursday on trig :/

I have Friday off due to 'teacher training' and then Tuesday (next week) I have sports day, which I most probably won't attend. At least these give me a chance to catch up on HW.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Got an A in my Biology test :) Have another Maths test Thursday on trig :/

I have Friday off due to 'teacher training' and then Tuesday (next week) I have sports day, which I most probably won't attend. At least these give me a chance to catch up on HW.
Congrats for bio :D
What topic are u doing?

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Honestly, Year 11 was the most enjoyable year in my high school experience. I felt the stress/competitiveness built up a lot more in Year 12 because I recognised that everything I was doing in Year 12 contributed to my final ATAR whereas Year 11 was more of a trial run. You just need to keep reminding yourself that this is the case in Year 11 and to put things into perspective. Yes, Year 11 is a little bit of an upgrade when it comes to workload, but by Year 12 you would have gotten the hang of it. :)
Thanks for the tips :D

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Sort of what these two years to be over and done with haha

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Does anyone know how to analyse a (non Shakespeare) play for English? Should I analyse one particular production or just the play itself? And if so, what techniques should I be using?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know how to analyse a (non Shakespeare) play for English? Should I analyse one particular production or just the play itself? And if so, what techniques should I be using?
You would analyse the play the same way you would analyse it if it was a Shakespearean play-but can you clarify what do you mean by analysing one particular production? Usually plays analysed for English is in the form of the actual script-so you often analyse the use of dramatic techniques such as stage directions, pathetic fallacy, soliloquies, monologues, duologues, etc, focus on what your module is about and analyse your play specifically to fit with the points examined by the module itself. It is quite easy to google dramatic techniques and see what you can find online-what play are you analysing by the way? (usually don't analyse production version unless your school has specifically require you to do so-sometimes production versions are different from the actual play script-because they tend to be interpretation of the play script). Hope this helps:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)