Status
Not open for further replies.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Silence is the best

It keeps you focused so you don't drift off

If I had that at my house I would love it :D

I honestly don't understand how people listen to music while they work though :confused:
I actually get more distracted in silence. I get really bored and just yeah.. curse you short attention span :cry:

It depends on the situation for me. If I'm doing homework or assignments (that don't require too much writing), I'll listen to music with lyrics.
If I'm writing an essay I may do that in silence because I really, really...REALLY need to think and figure out how to word things and stuff.
If I'm studying, I dunno, I listen to music without lyrics like awesome soundtracks and stuff (right now i'm listening to the Skyrim soundtrack xD) . I feel awkward in silence. Music is my life :L I listen to it ALL the time :') It helps me concentrate better :L

IcyRain

HSC
does anyone else have the inability to study or do homework/assignments in silence or is that just me?
I try to study in silence but i always end up putting music on. What makes it worse is that I'm listening to heavy bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth and Slayer. Very hard to retain info while listening to metal music :p

J280

HSC
I actually get more distracted in silence. I get really bored and just yeah.. curse you short attention span :cry:

It depends on the situation for me. If I'm doing homework or assignments (that don't require too much writing), I'll listen to music with lyrics.
If I'm writing an essay I may do that in silence because I really, really...REALLY need to think and figure out how to word things and stuff.
If I'm studying, I dunno, I listen to music without lyrics like awesome soundtracks and stuff (right now i'm listening to the Skyrim soundtrack xD) . I feel awkward in silence. Music is my life :L I listen to it ALL the time :') It helps me concentrate better :L
I listen to video game BGM, it somehow boosts my concentration levels :)
I love music too. If only I could play an instrument...lol
Maybe after the HSC :p

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
I try to study in silence but i always end up putting music on. What makes it worse is that I'm listening to heavy bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth and Slayer. Very hard to retain info while listening to metal music :p
if it makes you feel any better i listen to heavy metal bands and screamo bands when i do my homework :3 so don't worry you're not alone haha :3

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
I listen to video game BGM, it somehow boosts my concentration levels :)
I love music too. If only I could play an instrument...lol
Maybe after the HSC :p
a haha yeah, idk the skyrim soundtrack is awesome so I'm listening to that while i study :3 its relaxing..but sometimes it kinda distracts me at the same time because then i think..HEY! I SHOULD PLAY SKYRIM!! :cry:

Hehe i can only play guitar...and lately I haven't even been playing much because of school D: stupid school taking away my "me time" :chainsaw:

macrazy

HSC
NEVER say you are dumb because you are not!
This. Very wise words. Study will get you places, but a little bit of belief in youself will get you a whole lot further. In the words of good old harry potter: "working hard is important, but there's something that matters even more - believing in yourself" :)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
How can you guys study with music... I just cannot focus, I would get distracted so easily.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
This. Very wise words. Study will get you places, but a little bit of belief in youself will get you a whole lot further. In the words of good old harry potter: "working hard is important, but there's something that matters even more - believing in yourself" :)
+1

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
i still do shit...must be because I'm dumb.
In life, uni and school in general, you will hit obstacles. You just get back up and go on.

Yeah. Shit happens, but it makes you a stronger and resilient person.

(Sorry if I sound condescending , but yeah, I know this from experience)

I failed my first uni exams and I got myself back up and got 3 D's the next semester.

fantasy-doll

HSC
How can you guys study with music... I just cannot focus, I would get distracted so easily.
That's the same with me... I cant study and listen to muaic at the same time.... Well I guess some people can only study that way...

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
If is study with music i concentrate on the lyrics more than my work and the song gets stuck in my head.
Same! I need absolute silence, either wise I just can't study

Hey what subjects are you planning to take next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)