Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hkaur_

HSC
Well, how are you finding standard now?
I started today and its seems good, I understand the content. :) i'll do better in this for sure hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hkaur_

HSC
Crap, you dropped to standard?!

Why???
Yeah I did, Advanced was too hard for me, I got a really crap mark in my assessment task so I chose to drop down.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Yeah I did, Advanced was too hard for me, I got a really crap mark in my assessment task so I chose to drop down.

I like to say, one assessment mark does not determine your capability in a subject for the long term run. You should've stayed in Advanced - it would've been a great benefit for your ATAR. But now that you dropped, you can either move back up (which will be difficult to accomplish but not out of your reach) or just work extremely hard because either way, Standard is going to affect your final ATAR negatively due to not its scaling, contrary to popular opinion, but moreso the aligning.

What do you want to do after school btw?

Last edited:

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Hey guys :) I hope u had a fantastic day.
I'm going to get my french marks tmr.
Hi!
I just did my bio half yearly so in a pretty good mood actually :)
I know you'll ace French, haha ! Hey do you have fb?

Hkaur_

HSC
I like to say, one assessment mark does not determine your capability in a subject for the long term run. You should've stayed in Advanced - it would've been a great benefit for your ATAR. But now that you dropped, you can either move back up (which will be difficult to accomplish) or just work extremely hard because either way, Standard is going to affect your final ATAR negatively purely due to not its scaling, contrary to popular opinion, but moreso the aligning.

I can't go back now, :S , I should've thought more of this, eh Oh wells is all I can do now is work harder.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Hi!
I just did my bio half yearly so in a pretty good mood actually :)
I know you'll ace French, haha ! Hey do you have fb?
hey :)

congrats, i'm soo proud of u :D i'm sure u'll rank first.
thanks, hopefully i will :)

rawrliongirl

HSC
One thing you should do is uninstall LoL immediately haha. My friend played that a lot last year and its really addictive and will take up most of your times. I used to be a gamer but I quit and even sold my PC at the end of year 9 to focus on my senior studies. Also don't try and create distractions in fact you should try and do the opposite by eliminating things that distract you. And as for the maths test don't stress over it too much, you have already went bad in it and you can't change anything. Instead just work much harder next time and you will achieve a great mark. You shouldn't have dropped extension maths though.
hehehe. i would totally uninstall LoL...but it playing it makes me happy :L
I still am a gamer :3 :3 I would never give up on gaming for stupid school :3
To be honest I didn't even care that I failed it. I am curious to see what my mark will be :') I bet it will be 0/62 because I didn't know a thing.
Does anyone ever get those awkward moments when the answer you get doesn't match the answer in a multiple choice question or is that just me?
I wanted to drop extension maths. I needed to. I just wasn't coping with it at all and I hated it with a passion. I didn't even survive the first few weeks of term 1 in extension maths, imagine me having to put up with it for 2 years @_@ i'd probably kill myself. I am actually sooooo happy that I finally dropped it. I feel relieved..like a weight off my shoulders.

turntaker

HSC
hehehe. i would totally uninstall LoL...but it playing it makes me happy :L
I still am a gamer :3 :3 I would never give up on gaming for stupid school :3
To be honest I didn't even care that I failed it. I am curious to see what my mark will be :') I bet it will be 0/62 because I didn't know a thing.
Does anyone ever get those awkward moments when the answer you get doesn't match the answer in a multiple choice question or is that just me?
I wanted to drop extension maths. I needed to. I just wasn't coping with it at all and I hated it with a passion. I didn't even survive the first few weeks of term 1 in extension maths, imagine me having to put up with it for 2 years @_@ i'd probably kill myself. I am actually sooooo happy that I finally dropped it. I feel relieved..like a weight off my shoulders.
Just do what makes you feel happy but do enough to reach your ATAR aim so that you are not dissapointed in the end :)
Okay now I should do some 3U maths.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I can't go back now, :S , I should've thought more of this, eh Oh wells is all I can do now is work harder.

Yeah, if there's nothing you can do, just try your best and you'll eventually reap the rewards.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Just do what makes you feel happy but do enough to reach your ATAR aim so that you are not dissapointed in the end :)
Okay now I should do some 3U maths.
hah yeah. i should go study for chemistry now .-. i wasted my whole day :S

Hkaur_

HSC
Yeah, if there's nothing you can do, just try your best and you'll eventually reap the rewards.
I did't know bout the aligning and stuff, But yeah I'll try my best. Thanks for letting me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)