• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariel97

HSC
Hi all.

I'm Mariel and i'm new to bos. Everyone seems so smart here. I do standard english, modern history, legal studies, general maths, pdphe and italian beginners.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Hi all.

I'm Mariel and i'm new to bos. Everyone seems so smart here. I do standard english, modern history, legal studies, general maths, pdphe and italian beginners.
HI IM Em

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fiction

HSC
This is a recording of my self taught (noobyness) LOL.
As you can see, one bad thing is over pedalling, and no musical dynamics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fomyk83gO_s
You're really good :) But yeah, I felt you were rushing your pauses abit in the beginning and there was definately overpedalling. Try and raise the pedal every bar. There really is no set pedal thingie, unless it's specifically mentioned (as in some pieces) just go with whatever you feel is right. Note that when you're actually playing the piece and when you're listening to a recording, there is a difference in the sound - I mean when anyone is playing it's often hard for them to determine what's wrong with their own playing. But yeah. How hard are you stepping on the pedal? Make sure to release the pedal - you can often make the mistake of keeping the pedal down just a little bit, which stwhen you think you've released the pedal.

In around 1:56 for example, try and play around with the dynamics more. So go from like p to f, 2:01 can be held longer, otherwise it seems like you're rushing etc.

Piano in most pieces is like theater (at least IMO) exaggerate, don't be afraid to experiment around a bit :)

elenaaaxo

HSC
Is anyone who is doing society and culture or just anyone in general able to help me out for a good title for mini pip?!

my focus question is ‘what are the impacts of different academic environments on the identity and self-efficacy amongst adolescents?’
and by different academic environments I'm referring to private and public schools incase that helps :)

Fiction

HSC
MARRY ME FICTION. You complete me!! lol. I follow many artists with a range of styles but I really like fantasy, dark and sinister art, and the anime style. I love laverinne, emperpep, manzanedo, loputyn, YUUMEI +10000000 more artists. Shes so talented and the dragon sculptures she makes are jaw-dropping, her stories are so beautiful and theres so much symbolism behind her art. And the means my heart beats for you.
<33 gladly :p
haha dark and sinister art is OK on a hobbyist , but have you seen some of the like really creepy art? There was an installation in AGNSW where some random artist recreated a creepy apartment, and the 'artwork' was basically you going through this tiny maze, where it was like cramped and stuff, and there were things like a "dead" child or a glass that looked like amirror to scare you. It shoulds unscary but it was freaking like akldjfalksdjfa bad.

I'm not sure if it was this year or last but this kid in the armory art express gallery in hornsby made scarecrows for his/her BOW and put bones in it and it was actually pretty horrific (like the figures and their aestheticness and not the fact that there were bones in the sculptures)

alksdfjalskdjf IKR? I could like fangirl over yuumei for like forever xD - have you seen creaturesfromel's works? they're SOOOOO good. Here's one
http://www.deviantart.com/art/White-Lattice-Dragon-200060680
and here's another
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Swift-Cat-285275439
like HOLY. that ain't a sculpture, the balance points are completely off o3o
isn't appearing on my screen haha xD It looks like a square box with the words OLF 493 (i think)

Fiction

HSC
Ahh nice.

One day I wish to be a concert pianist, but not sure if possible LOL

1. Needs lessons
2. Started from a really late age
<3 you can do it >D I thought concert pianoist was more like a classical jazzy thing rather than pop o3o

btw I feel if you start from a late age you're more likely to enjoy the instrument. Like I had close to nil appreiciation for the piano until my parents threatened to sell it.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
<3 you can do it >D I thought concert pianoist was more like a classical jazzy thing rather than pop o3o

btw I feel if you start from a late age you're more likely to enjoy the instrument. Like I had close to nil appreiciation for the piano until my parents threatened to sell it.
Haha

"Nil appreciation".

True true :)

Fiction

HSC
Ni hao mariel97 :) Wo bu zhi dao ni shi she me de ren Suoyi, wo xian ni shi zhongguo ren :) Duibuqu ru guo wo cuo le

I think that's right :D Hello :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)