Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp2250

HSC
Ikr! Maths is great cause there's actual logic.

If anything, I would drop English if it wasn't compulsory.
I always struggled with maths even with a tutor... the logic was sound but the ideas were too abstract for me to wrap my head around...
I see a lot more beauty in English than in Maths, but maybe that's just me :)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I always struggled with maths even with a tutor... the logic was sound but the ideas were too abstract for me to wrap my head around...
That's fair enough! :) If you see the beauty in English, then sure go with it.

Although, I do question English being compulsory and counting towards our ATAR...

mp2250

HSC
That's fair enough! :) If you see the beauty in English, then sure go with it.

Although, I do question English being compulsory and counting towards our ATAR...
I guess they like people to be literate idk....
I wouldn't really mind if maths was compulsory but the way they teach Mathematics at a selective school is kinda bogus ;^;

KitKatlover

HSC
Wow... in my opinion it's rare to find people who find beauty in English so that's cool :D I'm the opposite, I don't love maths and I'm not great in my exams but maths has concepts that are easier to grasp. Whereas, the themes of a text would be harder for me to understand XD
By the way good luck to people with their remaining exams! You can do disss :headbang:

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I guess they like people to be literate idk....
I wouldn't really mind if maths was compulsory but the way they teach Mathematics at a selective school is kinda bogus ;^;
And that's the problem with English in HS - it doesn't focus on literacy, but a person's interpretation of a text which imo has little correlation to real life.

flyingmwa

HSC
Ikr! Maths is great cause there's actual logic.

If anything, I would drop English if it wasn't compulsory.
Ahaha yea I love maths but tbh I dont mind english either. I actually just write anything and it makes sense ahaha

rawrliongirl

HSC
The one that's unraveling is actually one someone gave to me this year ;^;
It's a size 22 so it's comfiest jumper in the universe, but it's a bit stretched out because we've been trying to fit multiple people in the jumper at once (4 is the maximum apparently...)
woahh. i wish my jumper was bigger. i like loose clothing. and i also like to pull the sleeves over my hands which is why i think my jumper ripped :3

lol have the same skirt since year 8
i had the same junior uniform from year 7 to year 10 :') my dress was quite short by the end of my junior years :')

rawrliongirl

HSC
Hey guys! I am back! Ooo wow there are so many new people! Welcome to all the new BoSers! How was yearlies guys? I finished yay! :)
haiii! so lucky your yearlies are over. i only have 2 more to go this week. cramming like a boss.

mp2250

HSC
And that's the problem with English in HS - it doesn't focus on literacy, but a person's interpretation of a text which imo has little correlation to real life.
Nah that's only at the higher levels, Subjects such as English Studies (which is like, lowest english i'm pretty sure) focuses on things like grammar, spelling, etc. And much of your vocabulary comes from reading, which Standard and Advanced make you do a LOT of. Makes you a bit more worldly imo

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
woahh. i wish my jumper was bigger. i like loose clothing. and i also like to pull the sleeves over my hands which is why i think my jumper ripped :3

i had the same junior uniform from year 7 to year 10 :') my dress was quite short by the end of my junior years :')
My uniform changes next year, don't want to change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)