Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
That's true I guess. Do you know how much I should be studying on average?
It's all relative to the individual. I guess you should do enough until you feel confident that you understand concepts and can solve problems.

Cynisca

HSC
Oh psh.

Don't be sorry. Everyone has their problems.

What motivates you?
Thank you for being so understanding.
I'm not too sure what motivates me...I think it is the idea of getting good results in the end, and...learning (as stupidly nerdy as it sounds).
But the problem is it's not working any more because this year has been terrible at school, result wise.

matchalolz

HSC
It's all relative to the individual. I guess you should do enough until you feel confident that you understand concepts and can solve problems.
definitely this. I used to race through all my maths hw thinking that I'd be really good once i finished everything but it doesn't work that way. Understanding the concept is always the most important thing

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
definitely this. I used to race through all my maths hw thinking that I'd be really good once i finished everything but it doesn't work that way. Understanding the concept is always the most important thing
This was definitely a thing that I did at h.s..

I don't do that at uni anymore :)

Cynisca

HSC
You're right in saying so.
I think I need to develop some sort of routine. It's just that I feel that I should have done so be now, and already know what I expect of myself and require to achieve high results. I thought I did...at least until I received my report.

matchalolz

HSC
This was definitely a thing that I did at h.s..

I don't do that at uni anymore :)
lol for me:
trig = watched all sorts of videos on youtube becoz I wasn't satisfied with the way my teacher explained it, then did a few questions - nailed this topic in the exam
parametrics = attempted to do so many exercises in a short period of time without really understanding... ended up copying a lot of worked solutions. failed the section in the yearly :s

this year I'm going to adopt a quality > quantity approach

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for being so understanding.
I'm not too sure what motivates me...I think it is the idea of getting good results in the end, and...learning (as stupidly nerdy as it sounds).
But the problem is it's not working any more because this year has been terrible at school, result wise.
It is ok.

Learning is wisdom ( not nerdy ) :p

How did you study throughout year 11?

Cynisca

HSC
lol for me:
trig = watched all sorts of videos on youtube becoz I wasn't satisfied with the way my teacher explained it, then did a few questions - nailed this topic in the exam
parametrics = attempted to do so many exercises in a short period of time without really understanding... ended up copying a lot of worked solutions. failed the section in the yearly :s

this year I'm going to adopt a quality > quantity approach
Good idea...
I feel exactly the same with my teacher at times.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
lol, self-taught my complex numbers... it's wan't too hard tbh, people over-exaggerate 4u maths. but anyways, i'm still gonna study for it and not be complacent or cocky.

matchalolz

HSC
lol, self-taught my complex numbers... it's wan't too hard tbh, people over-exaggerate 4u maths. but anyways, i'm still gonna study for it and not be complacent or cocky.
me too :) but I've heard that the topics get harder lol I'm half considering ceeb-sing out of 4U for the extra free periods but I'm kind of interested in trying it out :lol:

matchalolz

HSC
my hand hurts from doing maths

#haventdoneworkforamonth

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
me too :) but I've heard that the topics get harder lol I'm half considering ceeb-sing out of 4U for the extra free periods but I'm kind of interested in trying it out :lol:
seriously, keep it and all your hard work will pay off for your atar.
yeah, apparently conics or mechanics are the devils, but you should be fine! i mean you're smart and i know you can get the work done. :)

matchalolz

HSC
seriously, keep it and all your hard work will pay off for your atar.
yeah, apparently conics or mechanics are the devils, but you should be fine! i mean you're smart and i know you can get the work done. :)
lol thanks :spin: let's see how far this no tutoring thing gets me *feeling determined*

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
lol thanks :spin: let's see how far this no tutoring thing gets me *feeling determined*
tutoring doesn't equate to a higher atar, in fact the person who state ranked in english advanced/ english extension 1 at my school she didn't have any tutoring.

matchalolz

HSC
tutoring doesn't equate to a higher atar, in fact the person who state ranked in english advanced/ english extension 1 at my school she didn't have any tutoring.
are you starting 4U maths next term? (or more accurately, next week?) forgot which subs you're accelerated in :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)