year 11 3 unit Math (1 Viewer)

choeric17

HSC
Is 3 unit Math and Extension 1 Math in yer 11 same or different ?? I am interested in math and get decent marks, but I am not sure that if anyone wanting to do 3 unit Math can do it, for year 11.

Helps ?

photastic

HSC
They are essentially the same. 3 unit Math means you are completing Mathematics (2 units) and Ext 1 Mathematics (additional 1 unit). If you attempt Ext 2 Mathematics, you do not sit the Mathematics exam where Ext 2 will be considered 2 units and Ext 1 will be considered 2 units, hence some call it 4 unit Math.

Decent marks is pretty vague. Some find the Ext 1 easier or harder than the 2 unit component (lol Me). Ext 1 is definitely a step higher than the normal 2 unit.

choeric17

HSC
Aarondapho, thank you for the reply. Your information was very valuable. I am currently pre-studying year 11 extension 1 and find out easy. However, because of lack of condition due the time period, I messed up my math test. In consequence under average, in this situation do you think i can do Extension 1 next year as we are choosing Preliminary course soon ?

photastic

HSC
Aarondapho, thank you for the reply. Your information was very valuable. I am currently pre-studying year 11 extension 1 and find out easy. However, because of lack of condition due the time period, I messed up my math test. In consequence under average, in this situation do you think i can do Extension 1 next year as we are choosing Preliminary course soon ?
I would recommend trying the extension 1 course unless you cannot pass 5.3 mathematics. However, mathematics and beyond will be a different realm compared to yrs 9-10. The reason why I suggest you give it a go is because it will be beneficial for the 2u mathematics because the extension 1 is simply an "extension" of the 2u content.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
You should be able to undertake any subject you wish for your HSCs. If not, complain or even take it to the boardofstudies - as the school isnt giving you equal opportunity with the rest of your cohort

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
it is excatly the same as everyone (well most people) else. you'll be doing 2U maths and in addition will be taking one extra unit of extension maths (depending on how your school runs it

You should be able to undertake any subject you wish for your HSCs. If not, complain or even take it to the boardofstudies - as the school isnt giving you equal opportunity with the rest of your cohort
sort of. But don't be saying ohh im failing 5.1 maths and my school wont let me do extension maths

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
it is excatly the same as everyone (well most people) else. you'll be doing 2U maths and in addition will be taking one extra unit of extension maths (depending on how your school runs it

sort of. But don't be saying ohh im failing 5.1 maths and my school wont let me do extension maths
Well obviously. But i'm talking about if OP is in 5.3 but failed one test, then they shouldnt judge him just based on that test. A student should be judge by their overall capability.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Well obviously. But i'm talking about if OP is in 5.3 but failed one test, then they shouldnt judge him just based on that test. A student should be judge by their overall capability.
i agree with this. Even in my time i failed one year 8 test but i still ended up doing MX2

photastic

HSC
i agree with this. Even in my time i failed one year 8 test but i still ended up doing MX2
Lol that's year 8, we were all little kittens. Failed circle geo topic test, like 2/15 and got 0 for circle geo in my prelim finals. :cook:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol that's year 8, we were all little kittens. Failed circle geo topic test, like 2/15 and got 0 for circle geo in my prelim finals. :cook:
well; i wasn't anything that extreme. Some year 11/12 maths exams i got 100% in and others i think my lowest was 53%

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
I think u should give it a go, if u work hard and do good quality study then u can achieve achieve great marks :)
If u decide to drop it u have not lost anything, it's better to choose it now than later cos u might have to catch up heaps or ur school won't allow u to join.

choeric17

HSC
Usually above average. But term 1 exam was under average. (First time to NSW high school)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)