Year 11 Advanced English - Area of Study (1 Viewer)

Dural... DO NOT CALL IT THE STICKS!! I DON'T OWN S
HSC
*cough* Allow me to be the random newbie who starts this thread up again.
I've been reading this thread and all of your AoS are all very new to me.. coz my school is doing The Rebel (The Crucible and Farenheit 451), Belonging (poetry of Les Murray *shudders*) and Finding Hope (Amelie).. It seems that MY school has decided to be the random evil one and choose AoS's that NOBODY ELSE IN THE WHOLE WORLD is doing!!!!!!!! *takes breath* *sigh* If anybody else has done any of the aforementioned AoS's PLEASE let me know and we could possible share notes?
*sigh* I need related material for Finding Hope... BUT anyway.. please let me know if you've done or are doing any of those AoS's please... Coz I am so screwed for my exams next week.. gunna fail EVERYTHING!!! oh.. except Bio and Chem...
Peace out people!
BTW: I'm a white chick...

Sofstar

HSC
hey squirrelsrabbit. Cant helpu with much but i gotta say Fahrenheit 451 is a very good book! Possibly one of my favs atm. Sparknotes......hahahaha. I used it for one of my related texts. But i don't have any notes on it, but i'd be happy to have a discussion over it.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
SquirrelsRabbit said:
*cough* Allow me to be the random newbie who starts this thread up again.
I've been reading this thread and all of your AoS are all very new to me.. coz my school is doing The Rebel (The Crucible and Farenheit 451), Belonging (poetry of Les Murray *shudders*) and Finding Hope (Amelie).. It seems that MY school has decided to be the random evil one and choose AoS's that NOBODY ELSE IN THE WHOLE WORLD is doing!!!!!!!! *takes breath* *sigh* If anybody else has done any of the aforementioned AoS's PLEASE let me know and we could possible share notes?
*sigh* I need related material for Finding Hope... BUT anyway.. please let me know if you've done or are doing any of those AoS's please... Coz I am so screwed for my exams next week.. gunna fail EVERYTHING!!! oh.. except Bio and Chem...
Peace out people!
BTW: I'm a white chick...
See, I knew this would happen. Hey Rabbit :)

I'm doing The Crucible for extension english at the moment. Alright play :) Read Farenheit 451 last year, but can't remember much about it :eek: Good luck with those exams :)

mitchyb1990

HSC
at my school, our AoS is Change. And we're doing Changing Worlds, studying Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

mitchyb1990

HSC
is anyone doing Changing Worlds?

there's really no point in asking coz my yearly exams start next week and after that it's onto year 12

IceOnFire

HSC
Everyone is doing journeys next year for english right? There is no alternative options? Just wondering.

Slavemaster

HSC
hey SquirrelsRabbit,
you should use finding nemo as a related text 4 hope, or some bible story, any way, good luck with your exam

Sarah 522

HSC
we have done authority and now we are doing self actualization. i didnt know that individual and society or whatever existed but im sure your teacher knows what they are doing.

kandrews123

HSC
for our year 11 adv. english this year we did ASIA as an AOS, we looked at different texts which show diversity in asia. we read fortune cookies by christine harris, which i found helful as it shows different stories of asian people from different loacations eg, a chinese girl living in australian society and how she uvercome cultural differences.

after hearing what some other people have been doing i would have actually liked to do change as my class did and AOS on change at the start of year 10.

how is everybody feeling about going into year 12 next term? its pretty exciting but then u realise that this is ur last chance to do your best so we all ahve to work hard and be good;)

K.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
alex.leon said:
We're doing Dystopia.

*snore*
Almost 2 year bump.

We did Change as our AoS and the text was Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller. This was way back in term 1.

samantha94

HSC
Our school is doing the individual and society, as previously mentioned.
(i go to smiths hill).

i thought it was strange that nobody else seemed to be doing it, all my friends from other schools are doing a topic about 'journey' or something...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)