Year 11 English Fundamentals (1 Viewer)

ag6858

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, I'm a year 10 student, probably in the 70th-80th percentile for English and I was wondering whether you'd recommend the English fundamentals course for next year. I've already got 12 units, and I will be doing standard English, but I'm still a fair bit behind where I'd like to be for my long response writing and I figured that fundamentals would help me. My school is offering it as a one-unit course.

HSC
I've never actually heard of the Fundamentals course, but why not do it? You can always drop it if it's too boring.

Also, do Advanced if you can, and drop down to Standard if you can't handle the workload.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
My school offers it too as a one unit course, especially since we have a lot of international students. I say do advanced, everyone says it as well. Give advanced a shot and if it doesn't work drop down to standard.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I'm a year 10 student, probably in the 70th-80th percentile for English and I was wondering whether you'd recommend the English fundamentals course for next year. I've already got 12 units, and I will be doing standard English, but I'm still a fair bit behind where I'd like to be for my long response writing and I figured that fundamentals would help me. My school is offering it as a one-unit course.
Do it if you really need the help, but be aware that it is a NON-ATAR COURSE, and it would not count to your HSC in that manner at all.

I wouldn't recommend it.

gloria123

HSC
i think that english fundamentals is more for ESL students and it wont help you that much, it will probably just very simply things taught at a very slow pace that will frustrate you. im in year 12 and from experience i think you should do advanced english and give it your best effort, if its really too hard then drop. because then standard will seem so easy in comparison! :D being in the 70-80 percentile is pretty good, i think you should try advanced. remember the jump from year 10 to year 11 is pretty big at most schools (in terms of difficulty) so you have to give yourself quite some time to adjust. good luck!

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Please bear in mind the fact that people can change substantially from the year 10 to 11 transition. For all we know, you could be capable of performing well in advanced English in future. As everybody has consistently mentioned, please do advanced if you have the opportunity to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)