Year 11 Fort Street Entrance Exam 2017!! (1 Viewer)

Necroperion

HSC
If I get in, it'll be because of the maths. I finished it, but I usually make a few mistakes and unfortunately I rushed it, with 15 min left after finishing. When do you get the letter about the interview? And HOW MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY GET IN? Btw, approx what numbers were you guys, we might have sat next to eachother IoI (that's meant to be a face)
Lol same, I was table 91 and I looked at the website and it said around 20 kids will make it

Music2

HSC
N/A
If u guys remember a really flamboyant girl dragging a tall guy with glasses at the exam I was the guy and my table number was 112 near the front

Music2

HSC
N/A
Man everyone I spoke to at my school failed the maths. The English however was very straight forward but the synonyms questions lol

mills34343

HSC
Man everyone I spoke to at my school failed the maths. The English however was very straight forward but the synonyms questions lol
im like coming 2nd in my grade for english LMFAO IDK HOW I FOUND THE MATH EASIER WATDA ITS SO WEIRD

Episodic Erudite

HSC
Uni Grad
Alright guys, time for me to fix up the misconceptions with how the fort examination process works.
Before everything let me break up the bs i have read in this chat. First thing , there was only 4 Sefton students who made it last year LMAO in 2016. Since i am one of them, no clue where you heard that but don't give out misleading information. I got my acceptance letter 3-4 weeks after the exam and i was ranked top 10 out of the 133 students who did it. For the 2018 grade, the grade is actually pretty big compared to other grades. So the estimate amount of students who will be accepted is 18-20 students. It could be lower who knows as only 15 students went to fort this year in 2017 with me.

English is always prioritised over maths always at fort. So anyone who did extremely well in the English part will get priority within the application process. Since your grade is extremely strong in maths but like very weak in english, this will be the biggest thing to differentiate you guys from each other. Your prewritten essay will also come into light, so if you guys like got a tutor or someone else to write it, well get ready as they will ask in the interview what inspired you to write the essay. Oh yeah , there has been cases where students who made the interview, did not get accepted just note that. The deputy records what you say in the interview and cross checks it. Trust me guys anyone can make it, as someone got accepted on the last day of school.

Private message me , if you guys need any tips for the interview and how not to stuff up ( very hard to but some people have before xD)
Thanks for clearing things up. How'd you do in your test?

Syd Tech & Chatswood
Table 84

And yeah mills34343, math was 95% content, there was very little reasoning necessary.

Music2

HSC
N/A
The guys in our school only did well in the more advanced topics, we all forgot how to do simple things like finding the deposit of a car :(

Music2

HSC
N/A
im like coming 2nd in my grade for english LMFAO IDK HOW I FOUND THE MATH EASIER WATDA ITS SO WEIRD
I wrote about how social media and smart phones really make the worst for society and honestly I regret not going through simple topics :( I low key really want to get into fortstreet as it offers so much music compared to the other schools I've applied for

mills34343

HSC
I wrote about how social media and smart phones really make the worst for society and honestly I regret not going through simple topics :( I low key really want to get into fortstreet as it offers so much music compared to the other schools I've applied for
dont worry ! im sure you've tried your best & will probably get in! :)) i fked up english for sure so latas for me, if this makes you feel better LOL

Music2

HSC
N/A
dont worry ! im sure you've tried your best & will probably get in! :)) i fked up english for sure so latas for me, if this makes you feel better LOL
nooo!! don't say that! I'm sure you did fine with the english! I asked my maths teacher all the hard questions that came up in the fortstreet test and she was like "I can't believe they would give you questions like that!"

john3166

HSC
I can confirm only 20 people make it in this exam. I've heard Sydney boys and North Sydney boys exams are easier than ours, so a lot of people reject Fort St and go to those schools leading to the reserves getting in. Best of luck

Music2

HSC
N/A
My friend just made it into fortstreet for an interview... I'm so paranoid I just really want a reserve :((

Episodic Erudite

HSC
Uni Grad
I've made it to the interview stage, not sure what to expect. Got the email today.

mills34343

HSC
Did anyone else in your school make it?
Did you get an email or nah?! im really curious as to why only the people who got in/got the interview received the email LOL

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)