Year 11 into 12 (1 Viewer)

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Hey guys,
I did decently well in my prelim (60%....) however I know I am capable of achieving far better. My study 'routine' was practically non-existent and my chem result reflected that, it was my weakest subject. I came first in the class by a significant margin, however the class performance was overall very poor. We have, however, faced many challenges, such as a significant period of school closure and multiple teacher changes.
This year I am aiming to significantly improve my chem performance, thus I was wondering, which year 11 concepts/topics recur in the HSC course and would require revisiting? Is the HSC course much more difficult than the prelim?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Hey guys,
I did decently well in my prelim (60%....) however I know I am capable of achieving far better. My study 'routine' was practically non-existent and my chem result reflected that, it was my weakest subject. I came first in the class by a significant margin, however the class performance was overall very poor. We have, however, faced many challenges, such as a significant period of school closure and multiple teacher changes.
This year I am aiming to significantly improve my chem performance, thus I was wondering, which year 11 concepts/topics recur in the HSC course and would require revisiting? Is the HSC course much more difficult than the prelim?
know mod 4 and the collision theory bit of mod 3 - it's a huge part of mod 5 and is part of the syllabus dotpoints to explain many of the mod 5 concepts, as well as solubility rules (i learned it in mod 3 as part of learning about the types of reactions to determine which compounds were precipitates) for solubility equilibria

mod 6 is acid and base reactions, i think acid reactions are covered in mod 3 (i did acid+base, acid+carbonate, acid+metal) which is also directly in the dotpoints for mod 6 - acid+base reactions (neutralisation) are as mentioned before explored a lot deeper in mod 6. not sure about mods 7 and 8 but looking through the syllabus mod 7 mentions intermolecular and intramolecular bonding in relations to organic molecules (the basics of which were in mod 1 i think??) and mod 8 mentions the flame test (which you would have done in mod 1)

mod 2 should be second nature to you already but if not it can be remedied with practise and in general probably practise with exam style questions consistently (like referring to trial/hsc qns or tutoring content)

HSC
Uni Grad
These should help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)