Year 11 Preliminary LEGAL STUDIES - MEDIA FILE / RESEARCH TASK (1 Viewer)

pwg95

HSC
Anyone doing the media file/research task and needs any help on finding articles, writing your report or synopsis let me know because i have finished mine.

Firstly, join the State Library of NSW and you will find a lot of resources under legal answers, these helped me alot!

tysons

HSC
I just got this task a few days ago and it's due in 4 weeks time after the holidays, and I wouldn't mind getting some help due to the fact that it seems like such a large task, not to mention the speech I'm presenting tomorrow for Legal.

andyuh

HSC
My school makes me use original articles because they say people can plagiarise by photocopying other students articles which are printed ones off the internet -.-

So I can't find any recent articles relating to
- the purpose of the hierachy and jurisdiction of state and fed courts
- the role and structure of parliament and the legislative process
- the role of the high court in the interpretation of the constituion
-how international law impacts on and is incorporated into Australian law
- the operation of the different mechanisms of reform.

mxp67

HSC
I have just received this assessment and I am having trouble finding cases that illustrate: courts' ability to create common law. They must be cases so can anyone suggest some?

findx

HSC
I have just received this assessment and I am having trouble finding cases that illustrate: courts' ability to create common law. They must be cases so can anyone suggest some?
Look for cases that set precedents for future cases.

An example could be The Queen v Tang [2008] HCA 39 (28 August 2008), a case which defined the meaning of human trafficking and slavery. i think thats right

hope it helps :)

caninesandy

HSC
I go this task last week and am having trouble getting my head around as what defines a legal term as we must list all the legal terms in our 10 sources. Here is an example of what one of the sources I am using and the terms I have found. Are they right?
Source: http://www.hrw.org/print/news/2015/03/05/cambodia-and-australia-treating-refugees-bargaining-chips
Legal Terms:
counterterrorism laws
free speech
policies
offences
criminal penalties
unauthorised disclosures of information
refugee status
civil liberties
detention
bilateral
authorities violated international law
torture
persecution
detainees
rape
abuses
foreign policy
asylum seekers

Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)