Year 11 Reading to Write (1 Viewer)

asduiashdi

HSC
Hi, I'm in Year 11 at the moment and in english advanced we are doing reading to write. I was wondering where I could find some practise for short answer responses and also exemplars for short answers, because I have a short answer exam coming up. Thank you!

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Because English doesn’t have a rigid curriculum like many other subjects - most of what is taught at an early stage is present right through to the hsc (In fact much of the subject is just learning to write) - using past papers from the hsc website and their answers as exemplars can serve as a good way to get better at short answers. Just try to forget the answers for when you’re actually studying for the hsc and want to do the practise papers properly (I can’t speak though, I’m only in yr 11).

Jos:)

HSC
yea 100% short answers are hard to master really so you need to do heaps of practice. look at paper 1 for hsc and trials and start practising as they have short answer

MJRey

HSC
Yes, using the actual HSC papers is great practice. I'd also recommend thsc, that website's awesome for finding trial papers.

asduiashdi

HSC
thank you guys for your help! ill make sure to do lots of practice papers then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)