Year 11 Selective Applications, Have I Messed Up? (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I'd rather not. Know 2 people who go there and they said that half the school are addicted to drugs.
lol wtf...literally same story with fort st. I know someone who graduated there last year, he told me his cohort was shit and mucked around with their education and the students there were apparently on drugs, I mean like wtf...

What schools have you considered so far?

MouseTop

HSC
lol wtf...literally same story with fort st. I know someone who graduated there last year, he told me his cohort was shit and mucked around with their education and the students there were apparently on drugs, I mean like wtf...

What schools have you considered so far?
Last year I was determined to get into selective so I tried out for Normo, North Sydney and Girraween. This year I'm just trying out for Baulko

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
I'd rather not. Know 2 people who go there and they said that half the school are addicted to drugs.
If that's what you're worried about, then just avoid it. Academically, SBHS is strong esp maths and science subjects. Find the right crowd of people and chill with them.

MouseTop

HSC
If that's what you're worried about, then just avoid it. Academically, SBHS is strong esp maths and science subjects. Find the right crowd of people and chill with them.
I know I won't end up doing drugs or anything of the sort, but the fact that a lot of people are easily able to bring drugs into school and stuff just makes me feel...uncomfortable :/

Shazzaaa

HSC
Maybe u should have backups? Have u considered sydney tech?

MouseTop

HSC
Maybe u should have backups? Have u considered sydney tech?
I'm not as desperate as I was last year to get into selective and wanted to try out with as little effort as possible...however, once I got my English results back I started getting worried.

HSC
N/A
tbh from my experience, I would say that top selective schools solely look at your math, science, and english ranks (in that order of importance since math and science is what gets you a high atar at the end of the day). extra curricular and sports is secondary, when I sat my interview for selective, they didn't even bother asking me about my volunteering or sports, etc. So considering you came 1st for science, and amongst the top of your cohort for math, you stand a decent chance

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
You'd be surprised how many schools have an underground (less underground in someplaces though) drug trade lel

MouseTop

HSC
tbh from my experience, I would say that top selective schools solely look at your math, science, and english ranks (in that order of importance since math and science is what gets you a high atar at the end of the day). extra curricular and sports is secondary, when I sat my interview for selective, they didn't even bother asking me about my volunteering or sports, etc. So considering you came 1st for science, and amongst the top of your cohort for math, you stand a decent chance
Sweet didn't know that.

You'd be surprised how many schools have an underground (less underground in someplaces though) drug trade lel
Uhhhh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)