year 11 study timetable (1 Viewer)

jajabi

HSC
hi was wonderin what a study timetable is

is this separate from the assignments and homework you get? im in year 11 this term and want some reccs on how much i should study/how to decide what subjects to study on what days is it random or if i feel like it?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It is simply a plan that allows you to determine a particular study pattern that is consistent with your overall study strategy and will allow you to achieve your academic goals. It can differ depending on its significance for each student. Some students may create a simple document to merely remind themselves of the subject(s) that they wish to study on particular days. Consider the following example:
  • Monday - English Advanced
  • Tuesday - Physics
  • Wednesday - Mathematics Advanced
  • Thursday - Business Studies and Economics
  • Friday - Chemistry
  • Saturday - Catch up (any subject)
  • Sunday - No studying
In such a case, students rely on their memory and/or other elements to determine and recall their areas of focus within each subject, and the plan may therefore not need to be updated often.

Other students may choose to have their overall study strategy be more informed by their plan, which implies the need for a more detailed plan. For example, in addition to listing the subject(s) to focus on each day, students may add details such as the specific concepts/topics to emphasise, as well as approximate time allocation for the subject(s). Consider the following example:
  • Monday - English Advanced
    • Apply teacher feedback for Module A essay (4:30 pm - 6:00 pm)
  • Tuesday - Physics
    • Complete homework (4:30 pm - 6:00 pm)
    • Improve notes (6:30 pm - 8:30 pm)
  • Wednesday - Mathematics Advanced
    • Attempt 1 past paper (6:30 pm - 9:30 pm)
  • Thursday - Business Studies and Economics
  • Friday - Chemistry
  • Saturday - Catch up (any subject)
    • Mathematics Advanced - Attempt past papers
  • Sunday - No studying
Such plans can be customised to suit the individual needs of students. This means that you can include any information (e.g. homework and assignments) which you believe would clarify your focus going forward. You can then make any adjustments and updates as needed throughout the year.

While you should aim to study a certain number of hours (so that you can achieve progress), the specific number of hours is not as important as actually achieving your study objectives. For instance, you may spend 2 hours studying a particular subject and make minimal progress. On the other hand, you may spend less time studying a subject and make more significant progress. You should also ensure that you take regular breaks when studying to maximise efficiency and effectiveness.

Lastly, it would be good to have a general idea of the subjects to study on particular days, although it is understandable that you may not always be able to follow the same pattern as you will most likely need to accommodate multiple assignments and exams throughout the year.

I hope this helps! :D

jajabi

HSC
thanks for the reply ! super helpful

should i be studying ahead during the term? or mainly just completing my set work, exams and assignments? especially in yr 11

t234

HSC
hi I have a question - i hope it's not silly..

most people who go to the popular tutoring centres cover material one term ahead of school - would it be beneficial for them to start content before it's done in tutoring - because i feel like studying ahead for year 12 would result you going ahead of tutoring too

ty !

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
hi I have a question - i hope it's not silly..

most people who go to the popular tutoring centres cover material one term ahead of school - would it be beneficial for them to start content before it's done in tutoring - because i feel like studying ahead for year 12 would result you going ahead of tutoring itself

ty !
i think the only possible drawback to learning ahead of tutoring is having misconceptions stick but even then, if you have a good tutor you can clarify stuff as you learn it before/after classes
i learnt integration & phys mod 5 by myself and it worked out fine (though i did use some tutoring material to do questions; granted the topics were quite straightforward)

t234

HSC
i think the only possible drawback to learning ahead of tutoring is having misconceptions stick but even then, if you have a good tutor you can clarify stuff as you learn it before/after classes
i learnt integration & phys mod 5 by myself and it worked out fine (though i did use some tutoring material to do questions; granted the topics were quite straightforward)
thanks!
i'm in yr11 and ill be aiming to spend a few hours each week to get ahead of my tutoring to finish yr11 faster...

jajabi

HSC
did you learn it during the term or the holidays? not sure if i can manage all the work at the same time.

also random question for math advanced and ext1 do u need to know the proofs for triple, double and half angle formulae????? like do u need to memorise it or smth

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
did you learn it during the term or the holidays? not sure if i can manage all the work at the same time.

also random question for math advanced and ext1 do u need to know the proofs for triple, double and half angle formulae????? like do u need to memorise it or smth
holidays over like 1 week so maybe a total of 10 hours of actual focus

during the term you could maybe do it on the weekend – do it after all your work for current content is done

apparently it's assessable (according to my friend as they're meant to show you) but same friend hasn't seen it yet so ummmm @carrotsss hi pls say soemthign

carrotsss

HSC
holidays over like 1 week so maybe a total of 10 hours of actual focus

during the term you could maybe do it on the weekend – do it after all your work for current content is done

apparently it's assessable (according to my friend as they're meant to show you) but same friend hasn't seen it yet so ummmm @carrotsss hi pls say soemthign
your teachers are meant to show you how to derive the trig formulas on the formula sheet in class and technically I think they could assess them but realistically they wouldn’t because that would be dumb and rote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)