YEAR 11 SUBJECT SELECTION HELP (1 Viewer)

mewtwo12

HSC
I have asked my seniors about my subjects and they all keep saying they are content heavy, do you think I should switch one of the subjects for something else?
my subjects
- modern
- legal
- bio
- business
- adv eng (cannot drop)
- adv math (cannot drop)

reserve subjects
- economics
- society and culture

some background info
- I am alright with essays (imo)
- I am pretty good at memorisation

Last edited:

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I have asked my seniors about my subjects and they all keep saying they are content heavy, do you think I should switch one of the subjects for something else?
my subjects
- modern
- legal
- bio
- business
- adv eng (cannot drop)
- adv math (cannot drop)

reserve subjects
- economics
- society and culture

some background info
Of your subjects I can only give advice about bio - bio needs to have a solid understanding, I prefer not to think about it as pure content. It's a good break from all your other essay writing subjects (from what I understand modern, legal and bus papers all have heaps of essays in a short timeframe) given that it's a mainly short answer based paper. Also try checking out other threads on BoS about eco (there have been a few recently)

Basically from what it looks like your subjects are all essay based. Regardless of if you switch to your listed backups / reserves you will have heaps of content (eco is a shit ton of stats and soc is also somewhat content heavy apparently).

Again someone else will have more info and advice about the others

Any choice you make will be a good one, just stick to your decision <3

Cliiton

HSC
Don’t do modern and legal together unless you love essays. Bio is not content heavy at all tbh, it’s more understanding and short/long response answers. I would switch perhaps modern/legal for economics or another science (physics or chem).

mewtwo12

HSC
my school is really annoying and to do chem and phys i needed to meet the selection criteria same with maths ext1 so I have run out of options 😭
my only other option is pdhpe but it's also essay based so im stuck
i also didn't do commerce in year 9 and 10 so i dont know if i should try out economics

Cliiton

HSC
my school is really annoying and to do chem and phys i needed to meet the selection criteria same with maths ext1 so I have run out of options 😭
my only other option is pdhpe but it's also essay based so im stuck
i also didn't do commerce in year 9 and 10 so i dont know if i should try out economics
Wtf is selection criteria. Back when I did HSC they chucked in the biggest retards to do 4U maths if they chose it 😂

Anaya R

HSC
my subjects
- modern
- legal
- bio
- business
- adv eng (cannot drop)
- adv math (cannot drop)

reserve subjects
- economics
- society and culture

some background info
Perhaps a good thing to think about is what you want to do in uni, even if it's a broader area of interest.

Speaking as someone who did modern history and loved it, it's not just about memorisation but also being able to think deeper about the topics being presented. Saying that, it does help with hand strengthening, alongside English Adv.

Also to clarify is it business studies or business services?

mewtwo12

HSC
my school is gay asf and they want band 6s cus its selective so we have to do entrance tests and shit for certain subjects and i dont wanna do ext math or phys or chem cus they boring asf and ext eng wld be too much cus i have so many essay based subjects

carrotsss

HSC
my school is gay asf and they want band 6s cus its selective so we have to do entrance tests and shit for certain subjects and i dont wanna do ext math or phys or chem cus they boring asf and ext eng wld be too much cus i have so many essay based subjects
that’s really dumb like shouldn’t the whole point of a selective school be to allow smart kids to reach their full potential and do hard subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)