year 11 subject selection!!!! (1 Viewer)

mylifeb3lik3

HSC
N/A
I'm currently in year 10. they've given me the subject selection form for next year. my current goals are to be a pharmacist. is it really necessary to choose all 3 science subjects? is it a bit of an overload of science?

my current options are; mathematics (adv) + ext 1, phys, bio, chem, SoR (compulsory), adv eng.

however, I'm currently in an accelerated maths program. I do year 11 + 12 mathematics(adv) course in year 10 and sit the HSC in the same year as well. If i do well in mathematics than i could possibly do extension 1 + 2 maths in year 11 + 12. If that is the case, should i pick legal studies or ancient history?

thanks.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
No, it's not neccessary to do all 3 sciences. Just do a mixture of subjects you like with subjects that scale well to maximise your ATAR score. Oh and if you love all 3 sciences then no, doing all 3 won't be an overload :p

Pick legal over ancient history because legal scales better and i'd pick legal over ancient anyday. In the end it's up to you, so just pick whichever subject you like the most :)

mylifeb3lik3

HSC
N/A
I really dont know if i i like all three science subjects. i have no clue over how they are like.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I really dont know if i i like all three science subjects. i have no clue over how they are like.
If you're not sure, i suggest that you take a look at a text book so you get a fair idea. Basically, if you liked junior chemistry and want to learn more about science then science in year 11 and 12 is for you.

i-hate-engrish

HSC
Doing all three is really not neccessary. If you're worried about it being an overload i would recomend doing bio and chem, mainly because these will be the most useful and i kinda have a thing for bio.... =)

and even if you find that physics is needed for the uni you want to get into, you can always do a bridging course. I've found that a lot of uni's will only look at your UAI and just assume that you understand the recommended knowledge.

I can tell you from experience that the main thing is to choose subjects that you know you will like, and think carefully before you let someone talk you into choosing something you arent so sure about..

mylifeb3lik3

HSC
N/A
i just got my selection sheet today.
my school is currently only letting us year 10 students have 12 units..
i got so pissed off.
adv maths (2u), adv english (2u), SoR (1u), an endorsed board of studies course... probably photography (1u), chem (2u), physics or bio (2u), legal studies or eco.

the photography course will be dropped at the end of year 11.. leaving me with 11 units ( including SoR, which i dearly hate).

HSC
No, it's not neccessary to do all 3 sciences. Just do a mixture of subjects you like with subjects that scale well to maximise your ATAR score. Oh and if you love all 3 sciences then no, doing all 3 won't be an overload :p

Pick legal over ancient history because legal scales better and i'd pick legal over ancient anyday. In the end it's up to you, so just pick whichever subject you like the most :)
+1

i herd that ancient is really boring

HSC

+ 2.
100% agree.
legal > ancient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)