Year 11 Subject Selections (1 Viewer)

Okbang

HSC
Hey guys,

I am a student in year 10 at the moment and I need to make final subject selections very soon (2 days' time). Right now I am sure i want to do some subjects but other subjects I am unsure of. I go to a selective high school and doing ok but my problem is choosing which subjects to pick as the ones i'm considering are all fair choices so guys help me here haha

overview of marks (last report)
Mathematics: 86/100 - I usually get over 90 but i have my excuses :p
English: 87/100
Australian History: 76/100 - don't plan to do History in the future, anyway
Science: 100/100 (1st)
PDHPE: 88/100
Engineering: 88/100 (1st)
Commerce: 80/100
Food Technology: 85/100

Definitely choosing:
-Extension 1 Maths
-Chemistry
-Advanced English
=7 Units

Not Sure (i need 2 2 unit subjects and a "filler" 1 unit subject)
-Biology
-PDHPE (i have heard it is somewhat similar to biology but the benefits of this course is that you can get accreditations)

-Engineering Studies
-Design and Technology (these seem similar, but which one is better, like advantages and disadvantages?)

-Religion or some other 1 UNIT COURSE

BTW my school only allows 12 units to be selected!

Thanks in advance~

russ3l

HSC
I know its not on the list, but I reconmend you choose english extension as your filler subject :) your mark for english isnt too shabby and you will be given the choice on taken up 4u english if you want after year 11. Good luck!

Okbang

HSC
Thanks but the reason I'm going for Advanced English is because the teachers say its more of a "reader's course" and involves more creative writing, which is not something I'm particularly good at. Creative writing btw. Advanced is apparently more analytical so yeah.

Thank you for replying anyway :)

HSC
Seems like you are good at maths and science so I would definitely pick physics! I do it and it is so interesting and it involves maths, a bonus is you understand it. And also depends what you want to do when you finish high school if you have any idea? PDHPE is low scaled if that concerns you, but it is very interesting and would be a fun subject. Engineering studies and Design and Tech are quite different I'm fair sure, Engineering links slightly to physics where as Design and Tech does not. I would go with the 7 units you have, either bio or physics (or both) or Bio and Engineering or something. Also depends how much work you want to be doing cause all of those subjects are quite time consuming, I do chemistry and Extension 1 maths and they take up alot of time.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)