• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

year 11 subjects (1 Viewer)

butterflys13

HSC
hi everyone at the moment we are picking our subjects for year 11 and im not sure about the subjects which i am planning to do i want to do
- 3u english
- 2u maths
- MOdern history
- ancient history
- chemistry
- biology
im worried that these subjects will be a lot of hard work coz whenever i tell anyone wat im going to do they say it will be a lot of work im also worried i will have to write lots of essays and do lots of assignments coz of all the english and history i will be doing.
i want to be a doctor so im doing the sciences but im not sure if im good engough at them. i also want to be a diplomat or something like that but i dont do a language.
what do you all think?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
butterflys13 said:
hi everyone at the moment we are picking our subjects for year 11 and im not sure about the subjects which i am planning to do i want to do
- 3u english
- 2u maths
- MOdern history
- ancient history
- chemistry
- biology
im worried that these subjects will be a lot of hard work coz whenever i tell anyone wat im going to do they say it will be a lot of work im also worried i will have to write lots of essays and do lots of assignments coz of all the english and history i will be doing.
i want to be a doctor so im doing the sciences but im not sure if im good engough at them. i also want to be a diplomat or something like that but i dont do a language.
what do you all think?
Look, regardless of what subjects you choose, theres always going to be a lot of assessments, essays and hard work, thats just the way the HSC is. I do just as many essays in Legal Studies and Society and Culture as i do in Ancient History and English, so dont stress, youll be fine.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
butterflys13 said:
- 3u english
- 2u maths
- MOdern history
- ancient history
- chemistry
- biology
what do you all think?
Looking at your subjects (English and the Histories) you will spend a lot of time doing essays.

jazzbaby

HSC
ext english is a bitch... damnit so many essays. >.<
but i think i personally would find it hard to have both histories AND ext eng

-tal-

HSC
butterflys13 said:
- 3u english
- 2u maths
- MOdern history
- ancient history
- chemistry
- biology
what do you all think?
I've come to realise, that as long as you don't mind the sort of stuff you'll learn, it'll be fine. Seriously, the stuff you're gonna have to do should be factored in by all means, but it's not as important as liking what work you do. However, consider this: all that writing involved is bound to help you improve the way you write, which will ultimately improve the most important subject - English.

And besides the histories and english complement each other, so it'll help your understanding of the ideas taught in English, as well as history.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
jazzbaby said:
ext english is a bitch... damnit so many essays. >.<
but i think i personally would find it hard to have both histories AND ext eng
i do 4unit english and 5unit history. Its not too hectic, because essay writing is something that begins to come naturally.

If you want to be a doctor, I'd reccomend the three sciences and drop ancient for physics. Modern is much more applicable in both the areas you want to go in than ancient, and physics is pretty good.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
butterflys13 said:
- 3u english
- 2u maths
- MOdern history
- ancient history
- chemistry
- biology
what do you all think?
If thats where your interests lie then go for it. You are more likely to be motivated to work hard if you enjoy it. Like ^ said, the more essays you right the more practice you get and you
ll improve alot in all your subjectts

Crosswinds

HSC
Maybe if you gave up one of your histories for a beginners language (or continuers if your already doing one) you'd be keeping your options open a bit more considering what your thinking of doing (diplomacy). Our french teacher told us the other day that starting with this year's year ten's, some unis would be taking into consideration whether a language was studied when accepting students into related courses. Which basically means that you could get into some courses with a lower uai if you take a language.

HSC
butterflys13 said:
- 3u english
- 2u maths
- MOdern history
- ancient history
- chemistry
- biology
what do you all think?
u could do history extension and drop one of the history units..

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
u could do history extension and drop one of the history units..[/quote

You can only take history extension in year 12, im pretty sure, its not available in year 11

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
i do 4unit english and 5unit history. Its not too hectic, because essay writing is something that begins to come naturally.

If you want to be a doctor, I'd reccomend the three sciences and drop ancient for physics. Modern is much more applicable in both the areas you want to go in than ancient, and physics is pretty good.
Biased opinion? You don't need all 3 sciences in order to study Medicine. I recommend you to leave your subject choices like that. I had a passion for history in Year 9 and Year 10, and I regret picking them this year. If I could pick all my subjects again, I'd be picking the exact subjects as you, with 3U maths.

Remember, pick the subjects you also enjoy. I didn't want to do Physics but since it was well scaled, I chose it. Now, it's alright, but I would've preferred to do Modern. I never knew about Extension History also in Year 10...

HSC
-may-cat- said:
xXmuffin0manXx said:
u could do history extension and drop one of the history units..[/quote

You can only take history extension in year 12, im pretty sure, its not available in year 11
yeah..sorry my bad..not at the beginning of year 11

term 4 isnt it ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)