year 11s going into yr12 (1 Viewer)

smurkie

HSC
So now that we've finished the year 11 course, I'm in year 12 now. My school does this whole one term early switch over thing and I'm FREAKED out. Everything i do is now going to count! My school's doing all these weird topics as well in my various subjects that I can't find resources on. Like in SOR2 we're doing the Liberation movment? :S?

Maybe it's just me freaking out though or is anyone in the same boat?

xoxo

HSC
yeh its scary isnt it?!
i have like two more days of year 11...2 weeks of exams....and then im in yr 12!
its exciting but scary at the same time
it still hasnt hit me properly but when it does i think its gonna hit hard =(
i guess we just need to take everything as it comes and not burn ourselves out too early

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
smurkie said:
So now that we've finished the year 11 course, I'm in year 12 now. My school does this whole one term early switch over thing and I'm FREAKED out. Everything i do is now going to count! My school's doing all these weird topics as well in my various subjects that I can't find resources on. Like in SOR2 we're doing the Liberation movment? :S?

Maybe it's just me freaking out though or is anyone in the same boat?
woah you've already started year 12???
when did you have your yearlies?

im in the middle of my exams now.
so it's been yearlies this week.
and next week.
then that stupid crossroads thing.
(does anyone else have to do that by the way??)
and then year 12.
i just want to get it done and over with.

zizou10-5

HSC
hmmm i'm wondering whether i should dedicate my lyf to yr 12, cos i don't wanna have no regrets, u knwo whatta mean? lol

smurkie

HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
woah you've already started year 12???
when did you have your yearlies?

im in the middle of my exams now.
so it's been yearlies this week.
and next week.
then that stupid crossroads thing.
(does anyone else have to do that by the way??)
and then year 12.
i just want to get it done and over with.
yeah, we've started year 12 work. All but Economics, we're still finishing off our last topic: financial markets, dead boring. My yearlies were in weeks 6 and 7. I did that SAM thing and my UAI used to be 90 and it dropped to like 82 after my exams, another reason why I'm getting freaked out. What's this crossroads thing?

Yeah, I was thinking about dedicating my life to the HSC as well but I'm sure that's not healthy, I think I need a balanced lifestyle but then at the moment, I'm sort of not doing any work because I'm still celebrating about after-yearlies, plus yr11 social was last week. I have a need to get focused.

punkoohi

HSC
welll thats crossed my mind heaps 'should i dedicate my life for the next yr to the HSC".. before i use to think "mann the HSC is not the be-all and end-all" u know? we still have life after it, but still... think about it, you have done 12 years of schooling for these final exams... its not wroth it to blow it... just get into the course you want to do, so ou could live the life you want to live, and be happy:) itll pay off, just hopefully, we'll stay concentrated nd focused...

oh and by the way, im not someone who has ALWAYS CONSISTENTLY worked hard... im just beginning to, so just dont think "oh shes always been like that"... if u want to do it, u can!!

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
smurkie said:
yeah, we've started year 12 work. All but Economics, we're still finishing off our last topic: financial markets, dead boring. My yearlies were in weeks 6 and 7. I did that SAM thing and my UAI used to be 90 and it dropped to like 82 after my exams, another reason why I'm getting freaked out. What's this crossroads thing?

Yeah, I was thinking about dedicating my life to the HSC as well but I'm sure that's not healthy, I think I need a balanced lifestyle but then at the moment, I'm sort of not doing any work because I'm still celebrating about after-yearlies, plus yr11 social was last week. I have a need to get focused.

apparently crossroads is this program where they talk to us about sex, alcohol and drugs and all that jazz.
i think it's mandatory in all public schools?
but im guessing you dont go to a public school if you started year 12 so early.
ugh.
its gonna be the biggest waste of time.

yeah i did that SAM thing a while ago with major estimates.
i dont think they were anywhere near accurate.
i got... 87.6??
im in the middle of my exams now so when it's over and i get my results im going to have to do it again.
i think im going to be in the same boat as you smurkie. :(

that same thought came to my head too.
to absolutley dedicate myself.
but i reckon i'd burn out pretty quickly if i did.
so i think the key is to study when you need to.
and keep on top of your work.
but also have a balanced lifestyle.
go out on the weekends.
excercise.
other i'd just get sick of studying and stop.
and then i'd REALLY be screwed.

dandel26

HSC
Meh dont start freakin' out untill the trials. Its smooth sailing untill then.

bubbly

HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
apparently crossroads is this program where they talk to us about sex, alcohol and drugs and all that jazz.
Crossroads sucks!!!!

Take it from sum1 who knows.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Um you shouldn't be starting any year 12 work until term 4 when you 12 official begins. I believe its a BOS that school don't give any work relating to year 12 until it begin, so for all intensive purposes you are still in year 11 preliminary and thus shouldn't be doing any HSC year 12 work as it hasn't started yet.

As for dedicating your life to the HSC, well you need a balance to do well otherwise you risk burning out.

As for crossroads we did it in term 4 spread out over 2 days which meant 2 days without classes...

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
bubbly said:
Crossroads sucks!!!!

Take it from sum1 who knows.
I totally like sooo agree ... fucking crossroads

There were two options for crossroads:

1. Study the 2 hour course during Wednesday afternoons for 10 weeks on Term 1 during the HSC Course, WTF ?

2. Attend a three-day two-night camp at a scout park, costs $175

The food and cabins were shit. The scrambled eggs were not scrambled eggs, just the "Add Water" kind of food.

To make matters ever worse, I severely twisted my right ankle on the first night forcing me to move around on crutches ultimately missing out on many activities and costing two days of fun.
Although I can walk and run now, whenever I stretch my right foot I feel pain.

IceOnFire

HSC
f3nr15 said:
I totally like sooo agree ... fucking crossroads

There were two options for crossroads:

1. Study the 2 hour course during Wednesday afternoons for 10 weeks on Term 1 during the HSC Course, WTF ?

2. Attend a three-day two-night camp at a scout park, costs $175

The food and cabins were shit. The scrambled eggs were not scrambled eggs, just the "Add Water" kind of food.

To make matters ever worse, I severely twisted my right ankle on the first night forcing me to move around on crutches ultimately missing out on many activities and costing two days of fun.
Although I can walk and run now, whenever I stretch my right foot I feel pain.
Our crossroads was just one whole day at school, costing $5 which was for the pizza lunch.

smurkie

HSC
Isn't there like sex ed in health and stuff? Why do you need to take a couple of days out of school to learn how to put a condom on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)