Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aysce

HSC
Wrote ~1150 words (8 pages) today for my Slessor essay, pretty happy. I think everything went well.

Economics on the other hand...
Not that it really matters to you anyway for economics, right?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yay just finished my Belonging speech with a 14.5/15 :) Really, really super pleased with that result :D I'm so happy with my Advanced English results lately. With a 13.5/15 for my Listening Task worth 15% (=1st place) and a 14.5/15 for Speeches also worth 15% (=1st place) I have surpassed what I thought I could achieve so far. Aiming to maintain or improve at this point.
Well done man, how's your IRP going?

On another note, i got my SOR 1 assignment back today, 95% and i'm cheering ! Economics however, 90% but rank 2, the other person only beat me by 1 mark but its still annoying. I'm just glad i don't have to research anymore about China !

Aysce

HSC
On another note, i got my SOR 1 assignment back today, 95% and i'm cheering ! Economics however, 90% but rank 2, the other person only beat me by 1 mark but its still annoying. I'm just glad i don't have to research anymore about China !
Congrats man =)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
That's great! I did my belonging speech today but I think I read a bit too fast and I stumbled near the end because I thought my it would run overtime sigh :/ Oh wells public speaking has never been a strength.
I hope you do well :)

enak101

HSC
Got my report back for prelim results.

2U Maths- 1st
Adv English- 1st
Ancient History- 2nd
Biology- 2nd
PDHPE- 1st
Business Studies- 1st

Happy with ranks, 2U maths assessment mark ended up being like 20% lol.

On that note, almost finished prelim 2U math work. (I know, its almost end of term 4, I'll catch up on start of hsc course in holidays)

So far have done a biology prac in which I went okay but wouldn't be surprised with not being first
Gave my english seminar on belonging, not sure on listening task but went very well on speech, either 1st or 2nd.

Calculus is fun :D

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Congrats man =)
cheers

2U Maths- 1st
Adv English- 1st
Ancient History- 2nd
Biology- 2nd
PDHPE- 1st
Business Studies- 1st

On that note, almost finished prelim 2U math work. (I know, its almost end of term 4, I'll catch up on start of hsc course in holidays)

So far have done a biology prac in which I went okay but wouldn't be surprised with not being first
Gave my english seminar on belonging, not sure on listening task but went very well on speech, either 1st or 2nd.

Why did you get your report so late, I got mine in like week 2 term 4 lol

Focus is Key

HSC
Well done man, how's your IRP going?

I find it's very stop and start in that some weeks I'll do heaps and heaps and other weeks I'll do nothing. I still want to receive a few more questionnaire back (Received 40 back, want other 20 back). I'm tossing up whether to add a couple of interviews to the process. I've done some basic aspects of my report. Tomorrow I aim to finish the introduction, literature review and some of the other sections of the report I'm able to complete (been slacking off lately!) I want to have the vast majority done (like all of it by the end of next week because I'm going to make the next week so CAFS intensive).

How about you?

Last edited:

Focus is Key

HSC

2U Maths- 1st
Adv English- 1st
Ancient History- 2nd
Biology- 2nd
PDHPE- 1st
Business Studies- 1st

Really good ranks for Prelim :) So consistent, wish I was able to top Maths or even break top 2! In our school the 2U Maths results were like that low too! I know some teachers won't deduct any marks if your answering process is completely right but our teacher docks like 1/2 marks from stupid simple mistakes, perhaps your teacher is the same.

Btw yeah I find Calculus really good. Geometrical Apps of Calculus, Integration, the Polynomials work I've done and Induction are strong topics of mine. All except for bloody GEOMETRY :( :( :( It's going to kill my exam mark I swear. It's all like maths general knowledge which I seriously cannot do. I find Circle Geometry for Extension twice as easy as stupid proofs, bisectors or whatever else.. Basically anything with formulas or a specific process to follow is brilliant for me, if not its awful.

enak101

HSC
Yeah, I REALLY hate geometry, which is why I went SO bad in the exam as it had so much geometry in it lol

I can look at an equation or whatever and its not too hard to know what to do, but a diagram with different symbols and all of that and I get flustered, just need practice.

My teacher wanted us to all drop down to general, a few did but I didn't.

I don't know why we got our reports so late lol.

For my seminar assessment task, it was 7.5% for speech, 7.5% for listening task. Was anyone else's similar? Listening task shouldn't be worth as much as the speech imo.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

I find it's very stop and start in that some weeks I'll do heaps and heaps and other weeks I'll do nothing. I still want to receive a few more questionnaire back (Received 40 back, want other 20 back). I'm tossing up whether to add a couple of interviews to the process. I've done some basic aspects of my report. Tomorrow I aim to finish the introduction, literature review and some of the other sections of the report I'm able to complete (been slacking off lately!) I want to have the vast majority done (like all of it by the end of next week because I'm going to make the next week so CAFS intensive).

How about you?
Wow, quite impressive. You make me feel guilty about myself now, I'm only really up to piloting some of my questionnaires etc at the moment. I have been smashed with other tasks but they're nearly all over, so next week will be pretty intense for myself as well as i will try to do some interviews and send off my questionnaires.

Focus is Key

HSC
Wow, quite impressive. You make me feel guilty about myself now, I'm only really up to piloting some of my questionnaires etc at the moment. I have been smashed with other tasks but they're nearly all over, so next week will be pretty intense for myself as well as i will try to do some interviews and send off my questionnaires.
The thing is I never know where I'm up to in relation to other schools for this site makes me more aware that way. You'll be fine, ours is due in a little under 3 weeks, how about you? Oh and did you have the proposal as an assessment too?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
The thing is I never know where I'm up to in relation to other schools for this site makes me more aware that way. You'll be fine, ours is due in a little under 3 weeks, how about you? Oh and did you have the proposal as an assessment too?
OMG 3 weeks, wow. Ours is due in term 1 next year, maybe that explains why I haven't done much relative to you. Yes the proposal was an assessment as well, however the teacher emphasized that most marks would be clustered around Band 6-5 levels and that the final IRP would really separate the marks, hbu?

Focus is Key

HSC
Our IRP isn't really worth too much of our final Assessment mark. Our Proposal was worth 5%(got full marks), our Diary is submitted and weighted at 5% and the final report is only worth 10%, which was a lot less than I would have expected hearing about the project. You're way ahead, don't worry. I know that if I don't perform in the IRP my marks may not be able to reach the Band 6 level so that's why much extra effort is going into it.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Got my report back too:

Maths 2u - 1st 98%
Maths 3u - 1st 94%
English Advanced - 2nd 95%
Chemistry - 1st 95%
Economics - 2nd 93%
English Extension - 2nd 90%
Physics - 1st 88% (2nd was 62% lol)

Stuffed up the physics yearly a bit, was looking at 95+ otherwise, w/e.

enoilgam

HSC
Got my report back too:

Maths 2u - 1st 98%
Maths 3u - 1st 94%
Chemistry - 1st 95%
Economics - 2nd 93%

Nice work Realise.

Aysce

HSC
Got my report back too:

Maths 2u - 1st 98%
Maths 3u - 1st 94%
Chemistry - 1st 95%
Economics - 2nd 93%

Crazy marks. Anticipating the gap between first and second in physics to be even greater than 26% in year 12 :p

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Crazy marks. Anticipating the gap between first and second in physics to be even greater than 26% in year 12 :p
Would of been >30% if I didn't screw up the yearly lol, I put all my effort into English for the yearly since I was comfortable with physics.

Focus is Key

HSC
Got my report back too:

Maths 2u - 1st 98%
Maths 3u - 1st 94%
Chemistry - 1st 95%
Economics - 2nd 93%

You cannot be human. My god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)