Year 12 Biology (1 Viewer)

lolzlolz

HSC
Hi, I was just wondering if any of the year 11 content is useful in understanding the year 12 content for HSC or if it is indirectly tested??

HSC
It can not be directly tested in year 12, but here's some stuff off the top of my head I encountered again in year 12:
  • behavioural, structural, physiological adaptations of endotherms and ectotherms (anything you memorised in y11 you should keep)
  • all the microbiology content you learned in y11 (cell cycle, cell structures, the basic processes that occur in cells, types of microorganisms and what delineates them from each other)
  • the stuff you learned over about biological diversity will transfer over as you will explore how biological diversity occurs through genetic flow and drift, and different types of genetic inheritance
  • Theory of Evolution and selection pressures
You'll take all this knowledge and add a new layer to it.

lolzlolz

HSC
It can not be directly tested in year 12, but here's some stuff off the top of my head I encountered again in year 12:
  • behavioural, structural, physiological adaptations of endotherms and ectotherms (anything you memorised in y11 you should keep)
  • all the microbiology content you learned in y11 (cell cycle, cell structures, the basic processes that occur in cells, types of microorganisms and what delineates them from each other)
  • the stuff you learned over about biological diversity will transfer over as you will explore how biological diversity occurs through genetic flow and drift, and different types of genetic inheritance
  • Theory of Evolution and selection pressures
You'll take all this knowledge and add a new layer to it.
Thanks. Just wondering, but do we study evolution in year 12??

HSC
Thanks. Just wondering, but do we study evolution in year 12??
There is no evolution. I meant Darwin's Theory of Evolution by natural selection. So really it's the natural selection component that will be useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)