• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 Grad (formal): Anyone not going? (1 Viewer)

Are you going to your Grad?

• I am going

Votes: 39 76.5%
  • I'm not going

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • undecided

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
dani_danoz said:
You really need to grow up!! We were given the ability to bring two guests. And I didn't hesitate at bringing my folks - the least you could do is bring them to your formal to thank them for being there and supporting you through 13 years of schooling!

Anyway, there's a couple of people in my year group who aren't going - because they're emo anarchists who wish to 'rebel'. lol!
okay, i understand what you're saying and everything, but that's what my graduation ceremony is for - for friends and family to see me graduate and for me to pay my respects to them for helping me. my formal night however is for us - the students, who have done the work for 13 years. its not like we're giving our parents the bird, but we would also like to celebrate on our own turf. then again, maybe its just the condell park in me saying that.

Trev

stix
HSC
dani_danoz said:
Anyway, there's a couple of people in my year group who aren't going - because they're emo anarchists who wish to 'rebel'. lol!
Haha, who doesn't want to go from our school?
What stupid fucks, it's the last time we are all going to be together as a group :(

elisabeth

HSC
dani_danoz said:
You really need to grow up!! We were given the ability to bring two guests. And I didn't hesitate at bringing my folks - the least you could do is bring them to your formal to thank them for being there and supporting you through 13 years of schooling!
Maybe that's true for your parents. Maybe even mine. Lucky us. But it's a bit slack to assume everyone was like that. And what about people with many step-parents? How do you decide which 2 of the 4 to bring? If your interpretation of the formal is a family night, good for you but you have to respect that other people feel that this is a time to celebrate with their year group. One final, glorious celebration of young people, if you will.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
elisabeth said:
Maybe that's true for your parents. Maybe even mine. Lucky us. But it's a bit slack to assume everyone was like that. And what about people with many step-parents? How do you decide which 2 of the 4 to bring? If your interpretation of the formal is a family night, good for you but you have to respect that other people feel that this is a time to celebrate with their year group. One final, glorious celebration of young people, if you will.
i'm with you there, elisabeth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)