Year 12 Legal - how much of the prelim course does it need (1 Viewer)

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
Hi guys, can anyone give me a rough idea of how much of Year 11 Legal I would need to have as assumed knowledge as a solid foundation for Year 12 legal studies?

Cheers.

Also, good luck with your HSC :)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't remember jack about preliminary legal, or maybe it's so deeply entrenched within my brain that I haven't realised its foundational element for the HSC.

I don't think you need much of anything.

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
I don't remember jack about preliminary legal, or maybe it's so deeply entrenched within my brain that I haven't realised its foundational element for the HSC.

I don't think you need much of anything.
Haha, you reckon? I'll just start going over Crime then before school..

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
you really only need some of it for multiple choice and the division and sep of powers stuff. thats all i remember and something about dispute resolutions

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
you really only need some of it for multiple choice and the division and sep of powers stuff. thats all i remember and something about dispute resolutions
isn't ADR (alternative dispute resolution) just for consumer?

it gets into family as well with the compulsory mediation, but I don't think it's in the core

HSC
Nothing actually.

But it's good to have some knowledge which you definitely will have. Most it's in relations to crime which is the first core topic and depending on your options, it might be relevant again but it's nothing too big. I don't even remember much of the things we learnt in year 11 since in year 12 we went over it again and totally expanded on every single thing heaps.

jadiskris

HSC
I would say it's more about the skills you learnt in preliminary that's necessary for Year 12, especially so when it comes to legal's essay writing. The actual knowledge from Year 11 work is in theory yes, a foundation but I doubt you would need more than half of what you did, if not, less than a quarter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)