Year 12 References? (1 Viewer)

Eg155

HSC
Share your ideas on what you can/have done to make the reference you receive at the end of year 12 stand out :D

qianjixin

HSC
Just sneak a $50 note into the teacher's pocket and play it off like "Oh! How did that get there?" (Teachers aren't paid enough so its all for the greater good :)

In all seriousness though, It's fun to just strike up a conversations with teachers about what they did on the weekend, etc. As long as you don't get too annoying (like with one of my friends) it shows that you acknowledge that teachers are people too. But then again, I haven't given it all much thought yet.

Eg155

HSC
Just sneak a $50 note into the teacher's pocket and play it off like "Oh! How did that get there?" (Teachers aren't paid enough so its all for the greater good :)

In all seriousness though, It's fun to just strike up a conversations with teachers about what they did on the weekend, etc. As long as you don't get too annoying (like with one of my friends) it shows that you acknowledge that teachers are people too. But then again, I haven't given it all much thought yet.
Lol, but I mean what extra curricular activities could we do to add to the reference?

barbernator

HSC
Do whatever you want to do. There is no point in doing something for the accolades. You will be recognised in turn.

As far as the teacher relationship goes, year 12 is a major shift even from year 11. Teachers become mentors to you, and if you have common interests, namely why you chose certain subjects, you will get along with them brilliantly anyway.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, but I mean what extra curricular activities could we do to add to the reference?
Definitely look towards the leadership roles at your school. A lot of the experiences you pick up can take you a long way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)