Year 12 Selective High Schools... (1 Viewer)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Hey, I've managed to fluke my way into a test for admission into a selective high school for year 12. It says there will be a Literacy, Numeracy and general ability test. I'm shitting myself cos I'm not sure what will be in the test. Does anyone know if the maths bit's are preliminary maths, or basic maths skills, or what? and general ability, like that's so general it's not funny, or is that the point? Any information will be so helpful :D

cheers

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
General ability test. WTF.

The numeracy will most PROBABLY be prelimary maths with some hard stuff from HSC chucked in but it all depends on the school.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Smith's Hill, which I'd never heard of, until like two weeks ago, but it's pretty close to where i live, lol. yeh i was hoping for just an interview, but no such luck.

shit prelim? we're so behind, do you guys think functions, straight line graphs, geometry (ch4 so really basic), circle properties, and a bit of trig will get me through?

i guess i could try and learn some calculaus by next week.

evilevoevil

HSC
N/A
Hey, I've managed to fluke my way into a test for admission into a selective high school for year 12. It says there will be a Literacy, Numeracy and general ability test. I'm shitting myself cos I'm not sure what will be in the test. Does anyone know if the maths bit's are preliminary maths, or basic maths skills, or what? and general ability, like that's so general it's not funny, or is that the point? Any information will be so helpful :D

cheers
lol @ GA test - it sounds as if its the actual selective test for year 7's.

Tangent

HSC
I would say that is mostly prelim stuff. As for Smiths Hill, they snatched up our smartest guy last year, so he is pretty happy now (they made him a pretty good offer).

EDIT: and also think, it cant be that long a test, so itll have a bit of everything (lit, numeracy and gen knowledge) so im thinking that it couldnt be too hard

Last edited:

h3ll h0und

HSC
lol i remember trying out for this school in yr 8..i made it but didnt go....the test, wen i sat for it, was rlly easy....the general ability is rlly rlly rlly easy...just basic number patterns and some logic questions....maths is just maths u learn in that year, so most likely prelim maths ....gl

astroe

HSC
Arrrghh, I've been there - in your situation that is.

When I moved Term 3, Year 11, the new school was way ahead of where I was at my old school. So, catching up was a bitch.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Preliminary Maths, most likely.

you're lucky. I would've applied but I didn't know about the closing date. :(

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
arghhh this is gonna be a bitch, haha
thanks for your help everyone :D

yeh shouldn't be too hard if i just get the basics of all the prelim maths, i have a couple of weeks :bomb:

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Preliminary Maths, most likely.

you're lucky. I would've applied but I didn't know about the closing date. :(
that happened to me last year, i was so annoyed, i put in a late application, which apparently would have got me in easily if it was on time. GAHHH. so yeh this year it is :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)