Year 12 Subjects (1 Viewer)

vivillon

HSC
Hi, so I've really been reconsidering what subjects I want to do in year 12. I've been falling really behind in 2 out of 7 subjects and I wanted people's opinions on if I dropped them.

So I currently do:
Japanese Beginners
Economics
Chemistry
Maths Advanced
English Extention 1
Design and Technology

I really want to drop Japanese Beginners and most likely Design and Tech. This would mean I do English Extension 2 which I'm fine with. I was wondering if this would be a good choice or 'mix' with my other subjects. I got a 26/30 for my English Extension 1 task so I assume I'm not doing awfully but I really struggle with Japanese. I really want to drop it in year 12 but I still am concerned with dropping two whole subjects. D:
Does anyone have any thoughts??

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Hi, so I've really been reconsidering what subjects I want to do in year 12. I've been falling really behind in 2 out of 7 subjects and I wanted people's opinions on if I dropped them.

So I currently do:
Japanese Beginners
Economics
Chemistry
Maths Advanced
English Extention 1
Design and Technology

I really want to drop Japanese Beginners and most likely Design and Tech. This would mean I do English Extension 2 which I'm fine with. I was wondering if this would be a good choice or 'mix' with my other subjects. I got a 26/30 for my English Extension 1 task so I assume I'm not doing awfully but I really struggle with Japanese. I really want to drop it in year 12 but I still am concerned with dropping two whole subjects. D:
Drop them one at a time and when it comes to choosing which one to drop first, you have the main points being language vs major work. The benefit of doing a language compared to design is that all you need to do is tests and assignments which in my opinion is easier. However, if you are better at design then you can reconsider since a better mark is better for your HSC. With you doing Japanese beginners, I can't imagine that it would be very hard to catch up on if you're falling behind since it's only beginners and should be pretty easy.

hschelper01

HSC

So I currently do:
Japanese Beginners
Economics
Chemistry
Maths Advanced
English Extention 1
Design and Technology

Consult you're teacher/coordinator before you drop because they'll probably have a lot of analytics they can provide you with. If you need help with Extension1/2 English, PM me - I've got spaces for tutoring :):)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)