year 9 SRP ideas? (1 Viewer)

tdpoles

HSC
since my teacher has decided to reject every single doable experiment in the world for the year 9 srp (im joking but thats certainly what it feels like), do you guys have any good ideas?

btw here are the things they said we can't do:
> how music affects sleep, study, focus etc.
> growing plants ("how do you know theyre growing because of the sunlight theyre gonna grow anyway")
> growing mould ("health risks")

thanks for your time!!!

MJRey

HSC
Do you have to do one in the vein of a particular topic for the term? If not, can you do anything you want except the three criteria you mentioned above?

tdpoles

HSC
yeah! anything is fine so long as they're not what i listed

MJRey

HSC
You could do a colour absorption experiment ie. different colours absorb different amounts of heat when exposed to direct sunlight.

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
you could do a flame test and talk about what the colours mean?

MissKrabappel

HSC
since my teacher has decided to reject every single doable experiment in the world for the year 9 srp (im joking but thats certainly what it feels like), do you guys have any good ideas?

btw here are the things they said we can't do:
> how music affects sleep, study, focus etc.
> growing plants ("how do you know theyre growing because of the sunlight theyre gonna grow anyway")
> growing mould ("health risks")

thanks for your time!!!
Hi, I did an SRP for science last year (year 10) and to give you some inspiration here we’re some popular ideas

My project was “What conditions (temperatures) are best at preventing the loss of carbonation of a soda.” So you could measure how different temperatures affect the effervescence of a soda bottle or some other popular ideas were.

What conditions increase the bread yeast growth?
Which detergents are best at removing stains?
How do different movement activity’s affect the heart rate?

there are also exemplars of SRP in the resources folder of this website, I recently uploaded mine and someone else from memory also uploaded theirs. So there are a lot of pointers to assist you with your investigation, have a nice day :)

ivyska

HSC
Some of the interesting ones at my school were testing the 'areodynamicness' of bottle rockets, measuring the DNA in certain types of flowers ie, more complex flowers, more DNA (it was some weird straining method but if you're really interested), testing different types of packaging for the most effective type, I did mine on testing the burning rate on different types of fabrics, I'm guessing stuff along those lines would be okay with your school too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)