Year off before uni (1 Viewer)

Rachael325

HSC
What happens with ur UAI if u decide to take a year off before going to uni? How do they decide what uni courses you can get into. For example will i be able to use the UAI i get at the end of this year to put in an application in Aug/Sept next year to start uni in 2007? Im confused sorry if this doesnt make sense.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
yeah I'm pretty sure you can use your UAI to apply next year for 2007 uni. You can also apply this year and possibly defer (depending on course and uni, I think) till 2007. Some one who knows more should say though.

Peartie

HSC
Im looking at going away and from what ive gathered u apply after u recieve ur UAI then tick the box to defer...depending on Uni or course (most unis will let u)..thus the UAI u got gets u into that course no matter what happens the year after as you've been

Danoz The Great

HSC
This is usually referred to as 'deferring'.

I don't know the exact websites, but you apply through UAC this year (if you're finishing 2005 that is) by the deadline (20th September? not sure).

Then when you recieve your results in a few weeks you'll get uni offers. Write a letter to that Uni saying you wish to defer 2006, then next year, do the same process on the UAC website.

I got told to do it this way by a Newcastle Uni spokesperson. He said it was good to do it the above way because it gives a better chance (and in some cases, ensures) a spot at University.

But I suggest talking to your careers advisor at school, becuase, knowing me, this is all wrong!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)