• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

yearly feedbacks- mark and rank (2 Viewers)

flowergrl

HSC
just wondering what marks and ranks you got for your yearlies (if you got it)...
could you also write if you're going to selective school?

mine so far:
mathematics 99% 1st
music2 prac 94% 1st
music2 written 74% 1st
chem 84% (class 2nd)
physics 83% 2nd

i know its wierd cos ranks are high, but marks aren't very high (or that impressive) but hey- our schools not selective!

good luck people still doing exams!

THANX PPL!!!!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
What do you mean your marks are not high they are quite impressive no matter the school and you should be very proud. I am a little shocked that you don't think they were I mean 99% and ranked 1st isn't good. Even your lowest mark is excellent so well done.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i think she wants an egotistical boost to make herself feel a little better
if you say coming 1st with a mark of 99% isnt good then i dont know what is

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
flowergrl said:
i know its wierd cos ranks are high, but marks aren't very high (or that impressive)
Are you looking for self-esteem on the internet?

flowergrl

HSC
basketcase89 said:
Are you looking for self-esteem on the internet?
err... not really.

not the last time i checked.

but i meant that its... mathematics and like, i have this feeling that maths ext1 isn't too good.

i mean, music 2 writtens not too good, and only maths and music pracs is in the 90s, so its not looking to be in the band sixes for the HSC next year (i want a UAI above 98).

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
What basketcase89 and others meant that you were saying that your marks basically in the top 3 for all your subjects are 'aren't very high and not impressive' when in fact its quite the opposite. People do tend to get a little angry when people achieve 99% and still think that its not 'good' but then again we all have different standards and for some 99% isn't good enough.

If you keep up this high standard there is no doubt that your UAI will be in the high 90s however year 12 is a whole new ball game it is where a lot of students learn there lesson and kick into gear.

Even though you are saying music 2 written isn't good you did top the class and I am sure with a little revision and study that mark can be easily improved.

flowergrl

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
What basketcase89 and others meant that you were saying that your marks basically in the top 3 for all your subjects are 'aren't very high and not impressive' when in fact its quite the opposite. People do tend to get a little angry when people achieve 99% and still think that its not 'good' but then again we all have different standards and for some 99% isn't good enough.

If you keep up this high standard there is no doubt that your UAI will be in the high 90s however year 12 is a whole new ball game it is where a lot of students learn there lesson and kick into gear.

Even though you are saying music 2 written isn't good you did top the class and I am sure with a little revision and study that mark can be easily improved.
I see~.

Soul Searcher

HSC
keep it up, especially for the HSC year, don't burn yourself out in YEAR 11! OH GOSH NO DON'T DO THAT!

jessdoit

HSC
Hahah can't you see? Soul Searcher and SoulSearcher! Amazing : )

Anyway I don't know what on earth you're fussing about. Personally there is no way in the world I would post my marks up without feeling... crap? I'm saying the same as everyone else basically. If 99% and 1st isn't good enough for you, I don't know what is. You must've worked your butt off for those marks... But nevertheless I'm sure you'll do fine in your HSC with results like those.
And whether or not you attend a selective school, I don't think it really impacts all that much on your performance. As a student who attends a selective school at the moment, I really don't think it makes the slightest difference.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Well I'm totally lost. What's with all this twins business, aye? :p
Apparently, that BoSer is my long lost twin I've met over the internet :eek:
jessdoit said:
Hahah can't you see? Soul Searcher and SoulSearcher! Amazing : )
And a massive coincidence :)
basketcase89 said:
Wtf weenie boy? Is someone trying to assume your identity?
Yeah, I'm scared too :uhoh: But you know that no one can replace me ;)

punkoohi

HSC
im with jessdoit.... my marks are soo crap this yr:( i slacked off heaps, i think my ranks have fallen heaps since my mid yr report... anywaysss is any1 else gonna post their ranks and marks?

muttiah

Banned
HSC
53% ext1 [30 something]

79% 2 unit [50 something]

55% physics [20 something in grade]

54% chemitsry [40 something in grade]

68 % english advanced [last in class]

meh last i passed...

Chocolat

HSC
I'm just going to post up my percentages and not actual marks because I can't remember them...

English Adv: 85%
English Ext: 85%
Maths 2U: 94%
Biology: 91% (1st overall)
Chemistry: 85%
French Cont: 90% (1st overall)
Portuguese Cont: 96% (1st overall)
Religion 1U: 86%

Man. The 85s are really liking me...haha. I was pretty happy...though of course, there is always room for improvement :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)