Yeats.. anyone? (1 Viewer)

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
A protest or to protest doesn't have any parameters, in that you can protest about an issue with your teacher, or hold a 1000-person strong protest in front of parliament. You protest if you have a grievance or an issue with something, and the outcome can vary - usually it's hoped your point can be made and something be resolved. You're not being simple :).

heatherxo

HSC
ryan11 said:
A protest or to protest doesn't have any parameters, in that you can protest about an issue with your teacher, or hold a 1000-person strong protest in front of parliament. You protest if you have a grievance or an issue with something, and the outcome can vary - usually it's hoped your point can be made and something be resolved. You're not being simple :).
lol yeah i get what 'protest' means to be specific....i just thought maybe it was kinda different....like you protest to the teacher and they give you a better mark or something (obviously its not that simple....)....but thanks

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
My bad.

Yeah, it's not as simple as getting an immediate result to your issue. My teachers were stringent in their awarding of extra marks, or responding to their incompetency. They still are.

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
has anyone made use of the HSC hotline? i rung them up to ask about this module and they were really nice and helpful :)

Shapes

HSC
ryan11 said:
Like you guys, I had the poor fortune of suffering near-death with WB Yeats last year. I helped a mate of mine in constructing a 'superguide' to Yeats, with six of his poems covered in-depth along with critical analyses. I've attached it here. It's incredibly comprehensive, but you'll get a lot out of it. Hope it serves you well!
thanks so much for that 'SuperGuide' ^o^ ~~

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
denise_ said:
has anyone made use of the HSC hotline? i rung them up to ask about this module and they were really nice and helpful :)
I rang them up and it wasn't too helpful, the teacher kept butting in over what I was trying to say and repeating stuff :/ Maybe I had a bad egg

Good thing I found this thread though, Yeats has to be the worst poet to study ever, hate it :x Only one that's letting me down is this one, but thanks for the notes fellas!

Last edited:

christo89

HSC
im glad to hear that im not alone in finding yeats one of the most unbearable things that exists in this world omg its been driving me crazy..that superguide is awesome thanks about a thousand dude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)