Yeats Trial Tomorrow - KNOW NOTHING HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

makemyangelfly

HSC
I have to sit my Yeats trial exam tomorrow and I know next to nothing about the topic. I have been working for about three hours and have deconstructed three poems and related them to Yeats context and thematic concerns as well as different available readings. I missed the week we spent on Yeats in class...

HELP! Anything is appreciated. For reference I am focusing on "When You Are Old", "The Second Coming", "Sailing to Byzantium" and "The Wild Swans at Coole".... My class hasn't done "Byzantium" yet and I couldn't be bothered with "Easter 1916". After all, I still have to study Powerplay and In The Wild...

HELP!

Darkening

HSC
hmm...... I can clearly say, your fault for not studying before hand (which i didnt) and also to say, your fucked...
Just do your best.

makemyangelfly

HSC
Not the most supportive answer I've ever had from a fellow HSCer. Don't you think it's hypocritical to tell me I'm fucked for not studying when you didn't either? I wasn't even at school for the topic, I'm teaching myself. What's your excuse?

LadyNightmare

HSC
I have my trial for that tomorrow too. =/

Don't worry. The Yeats part isn't too hard. (Or, at least, I don't think so).
Just take two readings of his poetry (say, romantisist and feminist), then compare to two.
Giving specific examples, quotes, techniques, values etc, give the strengths and weaknessess of both readings, justify why they are worthwhile, and valuable readings...
Sorry, that was all sort of mangled.
At least, I hope it's right...Otherwise, I am also screwed.

And it's true...BOS, and internet in general is very distracting. >_< I should get off too.

Last edited:

Shapes

HSC
I believe Yeat's is the hardest out of the 3 modules we studied >< i hate that f*cker being so philosophical and all ~ I know how it feels to not know about anything and try sit for the test =P

my advice is:

remember your -

QUOTES ~
VARIOUS READINGS (at least TWO (2) readings for each poem) ~
ABIT OF YEATS' LIFE ~
SOME HISTORY OF IRELAND more specifically Irish battles and wars e.g. like the Easter war in 1916 etc. ~

that's basically all you need...it should take you a good 5-6 hrs to understand and get the GENERAL idea of the concepts

~ don't bother memorisng essays at this time, it's too late and you're just gonna screw yourself *no offence* if you start memorising Yeat's practice essays now coz you haven't had enough time to get your whol head around it... ~

Good Luck =D

=X I'll be needing it too *LOL*

obytoby

HSC
hey this guy who went to my school did this.. its everything you need to know bout yeats:)

CatP777

HSC
Thanks you so much.... that thingy has like everything!!

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
anyone have past essays on yeats?? It will be much appreciated if i could have a look at how an essay is to be structured, especially in terms of yeats! So if anyone has any essays on yeats can you please post it up =) thanks a lot!

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
Ahhh don't you hate the little bitch?
Poor little Pffft.
I thought the question was okay for Yeats. I did about eight pages I think...and that was impressive for meeee yay!
<3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)