• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Yellow Shirt-age (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
Who is goin for the interview to be a yellow shirt this week? and is there any way to rig it so that duy and the boys get picked instead of the lame BIT's (coz BITs try too hard....)???

here's lookin @ u kath.... coz ian was never a yellow-shirt, lol. sucks to be ian, with his mad site, that 900k people have visited...
(more like sucks to be me).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Heya Nightshade...who are you? lol

Anyways, all the BITs won't get picked. The way the selection process works is that they will pick people from different courses as much as possible. And no there is no way to rig it, just be yourself and make sure you talk a lot! (ie. so they notice you).

Last year (this year) we had mostly BScITs, 2-3 BITs, 1-2 BScITs (combined), 1-2 innovation, 1-2 Maths/Comp, and so on. Can't remember the exact numbers, hehe, but most of us were BScITs since most people that applied were. As you also know, there are more than twice the amount of guys that applied than girls, which also mean the girls have a lot lot better chance of making it in, since they accept 6 guys and 6 girls, but yeh, I guess you didn't wanna hear that, haha (unless your a girl?).

Anyways, good luck with the interview! I was a yellow shirt last year (this year), and you'll be seeing me around probably if you make it in =).

Last edited:

johnwoo

Correction. 1 fcuking sexy Innovation student... Damn, who was that guy??

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yeh I know there was only one innovation student, and we all know who that was :p

Anyways I guess if you want more correct figures, then I'll try to remember who did what. It all depends on who everyone does, so if you doing like innovation or maths/comp then you have a better chance (but don't fully rely on this!). Of course if there are no maths/comp or innovation students that applied then it leaves room open for BscITs.

If my facts are correct then we had (in 2002-2003):
- 7 BScIT
- 1 BScIT (combined int. studies)
- 2 BIT
- 1 Maths/Comp
- 1 Innovation

I won't mention any names for privacy reasons, you know who you are :p.

I'm presuming that only 1 maths/comp and 1 innovation student applied. I know that more than 2 BITs did apply (i think) and more BscITs of course. But yeh I guess my point is that, if you a BscIT, then try harder at the "interview" =).

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
they help run the IT camp at the beginning of next year.

T

timbk2

who cares about yellow shirt.. just rock up and crash the camp like we did. This year.

Noone cares anyway. We knew half the yellow shirts, so we just tagged along. It's probably better, cause you get to have just asmuch fun without havin the responsibilities of organising or doing activities with the first years.

remember to bring alcohol.. ahha.. *laughs at tactic being drunk*

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
LOL very true..... but you need the yellow shirts to be from different groups so that the people who crash it arent just from the same group... and yes, someone must bring the alcohol and the glow sticks for the party on the second nite...

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
so who's this night shade character?

and jase you dinosaur - are you who i think you are?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
how many jase's do u know at uni? :p i dunno about my nick =\ i think i might get another one.

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
oh.... this is simon (in ur net2 class)..... not the older one, the one who started the anti-Terry club.

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
oh yeah, simon - how u going. i passed net2 (and everthing else for that matter). john coville's a wanker, and xavier loves me hahaha

and robbo; what asian gangs. LOL! i heard rumors of faggots showering with their camp cash, coz they didnt want it stolen. LOL that's the dumbest thing someone could do - fuck... to that culprit: your like 18, and your still making love to paper money

fatmuscle

HSC
eh? I never applied to be yellow-shirt!

we'll rock up in BOS shirts this time.

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
no, just rock up in ur yr12 shirt that sez fatmuscle on the back and let everyone figure it out for themselves.

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
Yups Yellow shirt is really good!! it helps you find jobs..... well from my experience anyway... and like you get to meet with some of the academics at the university and its like a very good way of making contact in the IT industry.

And yups i did try help duy with his application ... he got into the interview stage :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)