Yellow Shirts 2005 (1 Viewer)

B

Bambul

Hi everyone,

The Union is taking applications for those who want to try out to be Yellow Shirts for O-Week 2005. You can pick one up from the library lawn between 12-2 daily or drop in to U-Space at the Blockhouse and pick one up from there.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
When do we have to be available? I am going to be away early 2005 and I am wondering if they tend to have training or something then?

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
what do we do with yellow shirts? just wear them, or do we have to be part of o-week?

oh wait.. (*remembers o-week and the yellow colours*).

dang must be work involved

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I'm sure you could derive some fun from pointing out kids who want to get to CLB to the back of the OMB where we can roll them for money *evil grin*

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
apparently its a lot of work over the summer

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Orientation Week “Yellow Shirt” Volunteers
2005: You can be a part of O-Week by joining
the Yellow Shirt team and helping new students
discover UNSW and its community. You’ll make
heaps of new friends and get great experience in
teamwork, leadership and communication. Pick
up an application form from Union Reception or
Uspace (Blockhouse), the stall on the Library
Lawn (12-2pm) or www.union.unsw.edu.au.
Closing Date: end of Week 7. For more
information contact the O-week office by phone
9385 7746 or email o.week@union.unsw.edu.au

That's in the Blitz.

B

Bambul

You need to be available on:
Friday 21 Jan
Friday 28 - Sudnay 30 Jan
Friday 18 Feb
Monday 21 - Friday 25 Feb

If you can't make one of those dates then you can't do Yellow Shirts. They are very strict about it too.

Plus you have to make it to one of the interviews.

Everything else is optional but highly recommended.

gman03

HSC
I remembered thos CBS people.... *shiver*

Will anyone going to do something about that 'adhesive' society?

BTW I read the bible and believe in god..... (just to be on the safe side)

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
hopefully will be at o-week workin some sort of promotions with my job so prolli wont go for yellow shirts

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Bambul said:
You need to be available on:
Friday 21 Jan
Friday 28 - Sudnay 30 Jan
Friday 18 Feb
Monday 21 - Friday 25 Feb

If you can't make one of those dates then you can't do Yellow Shirts. They are very strict about it too.

Plus you have to make it to one of the interviews.

Everything else is optional but highly recommended.
That counts me out then ...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
gman03 said:
I remembered thos CBS people.... *shiver*

Will anyone going to do something about that 'adhesive' society?

BTW I read the bible and believe in god..... (just to be on the safe side)
I don't think of those CBS people as the best face of Christianity...in fact they're closer to the other side. They turn people away from even considering the faith, whilst actively preaching exclusion ("only through faith in Christ are you saved") - even the Catholic Church doesn't do that.

I'm a catholic by the way, and they'd probably call me deluded in faith if I told them that. But hey, blind leading the blind, eh? ;)

B

Bambul

Lexicographer said:
I don't think of those CBS people as the best face of Christianity...in fact they're closer to the other side. They turn people away from even considering the faith, whilst actively preaching exclusion ("only through faith in Christ are you saved") - even the Catholic Church doesn't do that.

I'm a catholic by the way, and they'd probably call me deluded in faith if I told them that. But hey, blind leading the blind, eh? ;)
It does upset me a bit. Primarily because I have a lot of friends who are in CBS are they are not in anyway "bad" people, they're really nice and interesting people to be around. I've personally never had a problem with them per se. But put them together as a group in an O-Week style situation and the only thing I want to do is avoid them.

I know personally whenever I've been promoting something at uni, be it O-Week, Foundation Day, Revues, U-Week, etc, I always make sure that I'm not doing it invasively. I make some eye contact, say good morning/hello and smile but never do things like shove flyers in their face - it annoys most people, a lot of them will politely take it and then throw it away, and chances are if they were interested they'll approach you for a flyer or to ask a question or whatever.

Anyways, that's my rant.

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Lexicographer said:
This is a real shame. :( I'm apart of CBS. They run really nice talks and are really nice people, but I really disapprove of their approach to teaching Christianity. I really dislike their in-your-face tactics. I'd like to think I'm a devout Christian, but I'd never preach Christianity their way. I thought a Christian was supposed to make others feel comfortable, and show them the love of God, but also allow the option of free will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)