Yet another..Pharmacy thread. Comparison between Unis. (1 Viewer)

jennkei

Lurking Rambler
HSC
There's one thing I'm curious about. I keep hearing people discuss B.Pharm in USyd, Monash, CSU. But there're seven other unis that offer it -- and I'd like to hear from the people studying there, or even from people who have second-hand information. The unis themselves are predictably tight lipped about comparisons, and I want more information aside from what I glean gazing upon modules (and the websites) and trying to make sense from that. But my google fingers are not coming up with anything.

In any case, I've come up with a table of basic comparisons between the Unis offering Pharmacy in Australia, and would appreciate it if y'all could look through it and comment, or reply and help me edit/fill in some blanks. :) {Please ignore the stuff in the second page, I was bored. :D}

I'm probably applying under QTAC and UAC (I'm a New Zealander), for 2007 entry. That means - UniSyd and CSU (UAC); UQ, QUT, JCU (QTAC) in that order (which is really just in order of cutoff..). But I'm really not very certain about the Queensland unis..<panic> and I've completely no idea what's going to happen with my STAT results! (Took them a few months ago, and have heard absolutely zilch from ACER..)</panic>

I need help! Help in the form of opinions. :) Please?

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
i would also take into consideration the lifestyle you'll have at the different unis, 4 years (?) in one place is a long time :)

USyd will always leave you with a degree that has a good reputation simply because it's Sydney. it's a fun place to live, but expensive.
really, once you're out there and working you'll prove yourself on how you work rather than what uni you went to (you all come out with the same degree), and you'll probably learn 99% of what you need to know in your first year out.

don't know if that helps, just offering some opinion :)

hobbit

HSC
Hi,
Ok, I do pharmacy and this is what I've learnt, to be a pharmacist, no matter which university you go to, jus like any other course there is a standard amount of knowledge and course material which you would have had to cover and successfully completed. So every university will have to provide such stuff for you and make sure you know it well before you graduate. Now, people often say Usyd is like the best and stuff like that, not necessarily true, it all comes down to reputation in the end, usually the older universities have better reputations because they have a stronger research basis and old lecturers who have been there for too long. So any university will provide you with good education, but the older university will provide you with the prestige and put a bright shining star on ur resume as a graduate but not necessarily in the long run. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)