yo what is the point? (1 Viewer)

contro3ler

HSC
so i looked outside the train today, and i saw a pretty aesthetic park and i was like what is stopping me from going there right now? like its not as though the park doesn't exist or something its real- what's stopping me is imagined- the unbearable weight of 6 assessments in 1 week the ceebs to get off my seat on the train and many more things.

so i got thinking. what is the point? unless you want to do med/law/some ratchet engineering degree your atar doesnt matter too much eh? like sure i want a 99.95, but the largest driving factor behind that is being able to crap on everyone in the state- "I am literally the hardest working and smartest mf my age in the whole of nsw bro". I know this, but still the largest part of my diet is monster energy zero ultra and preworkout so i can live on 2h sleep because i need to beat all these other mfs and then i want to see the look on they face when my retarded ass gets dux

like sure i want to be a doctor- i've wanted it since year seven when i saw the top mfs in the school with their 99.95s all doing fucking unsw/usyd med (also i watched dr strange). but no fr, if you were to ask me- hey WHY do you want to be a dr- i couldnt fucking tell you bro. is it the prestige? is it the fact that you're mainlining ego (saving lives everyday)? is it the money (not so much anymore)? is it the 'desire to help people' (fun fact: many doctors don't give a shit about patients; its a coping mechanism- how else do you deal with the fact that more often than not, mfs are going to die on you? that's why people say if you just want to help people dont be a dr)? is it because every other mf and their mother wants to be a dr (hey what you tryna do in uni? ohh maybe healthcare... so a doctor? YEAH I WANT TO BE A NEUROSURGEON :) avg convo with ruse child lol)

i say this, but even if i do stop studying, you know my parents gone be walking upstairs with the slippers and belt lol

why do we do what we do bro ? fr imma have trouble sleeping and shit

by the way monster energy zero ultra 4 pack is currently on sale at coles (40% off)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

God Did
HSC
I know this, but still the largest part of my diet is monster energy zero ultra and preworkout so i can live on 2h sleep because i need to beat all these other mfs and then i want to see the look on they face when my retarded ass gets dux

fr imma have trouble sleeping and shit

by the way monster energy zero ultra 4 pack is currently on sale at coles (40% off)
That is not good

...xD

HSC
so i looked outside the train today, and i saw a pretty aesthetic park and i was like what is stopping me from going there right now? like its not as though the park doesn't exist or something its real- what's stopping me is imagined- the unbearable weight of 6 assessments in 1 week the ceebs to get off my seat on the train and many more things.

so i got thinking. what is the point? unless you want to do med/law/some ratchet engineering degree your atar doesnt matter too much eh? like sure i want a 99.95, but the largest driving factor behind that is being able to crap on everyone in the state- "I am literally the hardest working and smartest mf my age in the whole of nsw bro". I know this, but still the largest part of my diet is monster energy zero ultra and preworkout so i can live on 2h sleep because i need to beat all these other mfs and then i want to see the look on they face when my retarded ass gets dux

like sure i want to be a doctor- i've wanted it since year seven when i saw the top mfs in the school with their 99.95s all doing fucking unsw/usyd med (also i watched dr strange). but no fr, if you were to ask me- hey WHY do you want to be a dr- i couldnt fucking tell you bro. is it the prestige? is it the fact that you're mainlining ego (saving lives everyday)? is it the money (not so much anymore)? is it the 'desire to help people' (fun fact: many doctors don't give a shit about patients; its a coping mechanism- how else do you deal with the fact that more often than not, mfs are going to die on you? that's why people say if you just want to help people dont be a dr)? is it because every other mf and their mother wants to be a dr (hey what you tryna do in uni? ohh maybe healthcare... so a doctor? YEAH I WANT TO BE A NEUROSURGEON :) avg convo with ruse child lol)

i say this, but even if i do stop studying, you know my parents gone be walking upstairs with the slippers and belt lol

This is so true lol... but I guess there are a few other degrees out there that require a 98-99 or even a 99+, but like yeah not many... Just for that reason, my parents are absolutely chill with my grades now...

Bruh I have to beg them to let me study till 10:30.

No surprises

HSC
It's about one's mindset, if you can actually accept the truth that you don't have to be a doctor or lawyer(idk what do u wanna do do u still wanna be a doc tho?If so then you might actually need to compete with other "nerds")
At leasT for myself, I know I value the high school social, student life much more than just get a goddamn high atar and be the most hardworking one in the hella school.
Study is a part of my life but it's not all of the meaning of my senoir high school. If you can accept this and agree with it then you might be able to change the mindset...I MEAN YES WE STILL NEED TO STUDY HARD but you need to know what's more important to you

According to the energy drink part... I think it's not very good lol..you need to find a balance between study and wellbeing(Well i don't have the right to say it cuz i sleep around 3 everyday...but it's not for study haha just on my phone:)put too much time on my wellbeing

Some of my friends they get a hella high atar but they just feel depressed during the entire senior year or lost after HSC cuz they don't know what they should do right now:(so you might wanna sit down and spend some time to think about this first, what's ur goal, it doesn't have to be the same with others because of peer pressure

No surprises

HSC

I went to Lorde's concert few days ago(YES the NZ SINGER MY PFP LOL)and she said something I think very true: " the current society is tryna to push everyone into a form, everyone is telling u u need to do this, that.But you r so fking perfect, just be the freak you are"(ik that sounds kinda unrealistic and idealistic hehe but yeah the idea is you are the only one knows what work for you..If you have a goal then just work for it, if you wanna take a break from everything, TAKE IT, i always take a day off when i feel burnt out.A day off or a park date with bunch of friends doesn't make a 5 marks different in HSC from everyone else)

Weighting is also a thing u wanna think about, If the exam worth 30% like trial, I would defo put more effort for it but if it's 10% and you are confident with it, you actually can use the revise time to hang out or do other things haha..(in my opinion haha)

Reckon having a hobby is an important part for high schooler's wellbeing, personally play guitar or violin or anything relate to music after school everyday, it really helps me to feel I am still alive;)

hscgirl

HSC
Bruh I have to beg them to let me study till 10:30.
tbh same, the other day i slept at like 12:30am because i studied until like 11:45 (not to mention how mad my dad got bc i wasn't in bet by max 11 :oops:), and my mum told me to go 1 period late to school because she said i needed to catch up on sleep.
i honestly can't imagine having those parents who let their kids study until like 3am in the morning and allow them to survive on like 3 hours of sleep…

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A

It does sound like you are under parental pressure and peer pressure and you’ve internalised some of these pressures.

I can personally relate to your experience and decided to parent the way I wish I had been parented, so my kids chose not to go to selective schools even though they got in, nor a private school even though we could afford it. They made a good decision by deciding to go to our local public school - over six years of high school, they probably saved three thousand hours of commuting which is a lot of time to invest in other activities they wanted to explore.

My older two both worked reasonably hard as my eldest wanted to do medicine & my son wanted to do R & D (honours) engineering at ANU which is an elite course with only about twenty places, but even so, my eldest went camping overnight the week before HSC exams for her friends' joint birthday party (they'd all gotten early uni offers except for her) and a dozen other 18th parties, so HSC shouldn't exclude having a teen life.

My youngest, who is currently in Yr 11, wants to be a high school maths teacher and at most, needs an ATAR of 80, so with a current trajectory towards ~98, she is essentially under no pressure and is enjoying a full social life. If you're not trying to get into medicine or an elite course, when this set of assessments are completed, I hope you take the time for that walk in the park and other opportunities to exercise and maintain physical & mental fitness.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
i wish my parents forced me to go to selective sometimes
Did they give you the opportunity to do so?
If they did and gave you the choice of options, then as a parent, I believe they’ve done the right thing because no one has a crystal ball to know how any choice will turn out.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Ik but during y9 subject school switching thing they asked me if i wanted to change schools to apply for selective and i said no bcuz i didn't want to change schools because i was still a kid back then and stuff but what i mean is that I wish they forced me to apply lol...
And then for y10 applications and even y11 I didn't even know they were a thing until all the things expired...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)