You know what sucks? (1 Viewer)

scoby_2000

HSC
i hate that tonight...i wont be able to sleep

thus i will be tired for the exam tomorrow!!

and it sucks so much coz i really want to be able to sleep so ill be trying to make myself sleep thus not sleeping at all!!!

argh!!!

it happened at trials and i know it will happen again...

any tips to make me fall asleep? (nothing too vulgar....and it doesnt work anyway :D )

lol

yoshimanu

Our Deepest Fear...
HSC
Sleeping tips eh? My 10yr old brother suggested you bang a hammer on your head

Personally, i reckon you go with what youre most comfortable with... dont sleep.. AOS is only for 2 hrs- have a break after that
ahaha i give bad advice^^

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
heh sleeping pills...or counting sheep...

try going to bed earlier...or eat a big dinner :p

my brains frozen...so i cant think right now...

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
reading always works for me.

Bokky

HSC
whatever you do DONT hit ur head with a hammer. That will damage ur brain and thus ur memory and knowledge. The front of the cerebrum is where ur memory is stored so i suggest not. Go to sleep at 8pm tonight and wake up at 5:30am that way u can revise further, thats what im gonna do anyway. Get a nice 9:30 hours of sleep is perfect for restoring the memory. Any less than 7-8 hours of sleep and u wont do good in the exam anyway so get a good 10 hours sleep and ull be fit for the exam.

SlipStream

HSC
Tips for trying to get to sleep? Concentrate on nothing, and try and imagine that there are about a dozen people trying to have a conversation in your head about nothing. You'll enter the subconscious stage and then drift off in about 15 minutes. It's hard not to concentrate, though, especially with your first HSC exam a matter of hours away. But if you're like me and you're not stressed by them, or scared, sleeping shouldn't be a problem. Also, don't eat any food at least the two hours before you sleep; don't consume any energy things before you sleep (a hot Milo before bed is the dumbest thing, it's an energy drink FFS!), which includes caffeine; and pee before you go to bed so you don't get up in the middle of the night. Set your alarm so you have 15 minutes to snooze.

Oh and it's probably not the best idea to try go to sleep too early, because your body's circadian rhythms aren't adjusted to sleep at that time so you'll only really be sitting in bed with your eyes closed, unless you're genuinely physically tired.

Last edited:

vegemite

HSC
Bah at least you don't have Geography on Tuesday that you need to study for after AOS tommorow :chainsaw:

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
I know exactly how you feel scoby_2000- i hate the night before exams or anything big... no matter how hard i try i just cant go to sleep, i cant stop thinking and i cant stop all the thoughts in my head.. one thing that has worked for me in the past was writing down my feelings and thoughts on a piece of paper or in a diary and then its like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders... you wont keep thinking about it, if you express how you feel in some way or another... just my opinion anyways...

Bokky

HSC
think about this scoby, there are 65 000 other students in ur position, u arent the only one ;)

And watch channel 7 news rite now, theres a story about the eve of the HSC, it might help calm down the nerves :)

Last edited:

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
as someone has already stated, think about nothing,

this happened too me on the School certificate night, i didn't sleep till 3am,

You know what, just say to yourself

"I know i've studied, and thats the best i can do"

trust me, it calms you down!

306s16

HSC
N/A
If you were smart u wouldve rearranged your sleeping times over the last three weeks so that you stayed awake from about 4am till 7pm then you wouldnt have to worry about being tired after a shitty sleep just a few hours earlier...u really r stupid

scoby_2000

HSC
306s16 said:
If you were smart u wouldve rearranged your sleeping times over the last three weeks so that you stayed awake from about 4am till 7pm then you wouldnt have to worry about being tired after a shitty sleep just a few hours earlier...u really r stupid

...........lol!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)