You *know* you're a chemistry nerd when... (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
You *know* you're a chemistry nerd when...
- when you believe everything around you somehow relates to chemistry [and share your thoughts with someone around you]. :D

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
When you get an excellence award in the Chemistry Quiz.... and guessed half the questions... :p

I_F

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
LOL - omg i laughed so hard i was crying while reading this thread... GOLD!

love the Bohemian Rhapsody of Chemistry! I'm gonna print it out and give it to the head teacher of science. (my chem teacher) ROFL

the sad thing is that i can related to every single point made here.... *shakes head*

thanks guys!

nimrod_dookie

Tryhard Geek
HSC
When you incorporate Chemistry into English lessons.

For example, when my teacher was discussing 'The Great Gatsby' and talks about Gatbsy being a bootlegger, I started to work out equations for the hydrolsis of poly- and di- saccharides as well as for the fermentation of glucose. I then drew a diagram of of a distillation apparatus. I then suggested to the teacher that we should produce some ethanol as a class in our double lesson in order to gain some perspective on Gatsby.:grinshak:

Since I am also a physics and maths nerd (No I am not Asian, I'm Italian), I have also managed to incorporate those subjects into English lessons.

To prove that Sally Bowles from the movie Cabaret is a sl*t, I got up a derived an equation to prove that certain regions of her body could be considered a black hole and derived equations to prove that she had her own graviational pull and then did a ratio of her gravitational acceleration to the Earth's.

Good memories:ninja:

passion89

HSC
When you take a glass of water and think
'Has this been filtrated, flocculated and chlorinated? Omg I can see a particle with my microscope...I better run it through some microscopic membrance filters.'

Sofstar

HSC
Wow. So that's what it's like at the end of Yr 12.
When your teacher is late to class and you're playing a guessing game where you draw out hydrocarbons with people's names in your class attached as the branch.:eek:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
when u have only just finished the HSC and got a crap mark for chemistry but still reading this thread

Akeru

Rain maker
HSC
When u can recite the whole periodic table, you know u have issues.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lol Chemistry is like your WORST nightmare in University.

Be happy that HSC Chemistry Syllabus has alot more theory (i.e. facts, etc) than calcuations.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Lol Chemistry is like your WORST nightmare in University.

Be happy that HSC Chemistry Syllabus has alot more theory (i.e. facts, etc) than calcuations.
You *know* you're a chemistry nerd when...you (i.e me) wish HSC Chemistry has more calculations. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)