You *know* you're a chemistry nerd when... (1 Viewer)

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Maths is better than Chem. The current chem syllabus is so dull. No good experiments!
Yeah, I love the experiments in Maths. :rolleyes:

Because isn't that what you're implying, that you don't like Chem because of the experiments, therefore you like Maths because of the experiments?? :eek:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
ashraf91 said:
hahahahahhahha:rofl:, english is on my most hated list
:)

beentherdunthat said:
Maths is better than Chem. The current chem syllabus is so dull. No good experiments!

EDIT: English is hawt.
:(

ashraf91 said:
Srry Ppl, Dont Mean Any Harm, But I Understood Sum Ov D Shit U Talk About In Dis Thread, Maths#1, Physics#2, Chemisty#3, So Atleast Chemisrt Is In Ma Top 3 Favorite Subjects;)
:)

...but I don't like Maths Extension 1 ... :(

I was at the library working on some Chemistry worksheets and some kids said Maths > English anyday even if they do General Maths.

Last edited:

beentherdunthat

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Yeah, I love the experiments in Maths. :rolleyes:

Because isn't that what you're implying, that you don't like Chem because of the experiments, therefore you like Maths because of the experiments?? :eek:
No.

yvettemaree47

HSC
I'm not a chem nerd yet, but I'm definately a chem nerd in the making!

- when you spend your lunch times talking to your friends about what you would call a new element if you ever discover one... and it's gotten to the point where a mere mention of chemistry has your friends shaking their heads with a 'here we go again' look on their face.

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
beentherdunthat said:

EDIT: English is hawt.
Me love maths. but me love chemistry more. why cant we blow things up in chemistry :(:(:(:(:(:(

i always had this dream in yr 7,8,9,10 that in chemistry we would be able to blow beakers and testubes up and make these weird chemical reactions with fancy rainbow colours and stuff :(

ashraf91

HSC
wrxsti said:
Me love maths. but me love chemistry more. why cant we blow things up in chemistry :(:(:(:(:(:(

i always had this dream in yr 7,8,9,10 that in chemistry we would be able to blow beakers and testubes up and make these weird chemical reactions with fancy rainbow colours and stuff :(

same here, but i was highly disappointed wen i got 2 do chem, no reactions wit rainbows or if u mix too much of a chemical together u get a BOOOOOOMM:(
i find maths as a hobby, physics as normal work chemistry as hard work and english as hell

Forbidden.
UAI AIM: log101093 Smart ass, see maths has a place every where
p.s. im also hoping for a UAI around der

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
lol whenever im stressed from PHYSICS !! i just do chemistry and maths.... soothing... lol.......... and when i feel like writing some BS i do english :)
i cant believe how stupid english is............. even a teacher at my school is like "we spend 2 years of our lives trying to teach you guys that this means that when we both know its Bullshit"

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
wrxsti said:

In Physics, the teacher placed a piece of pure sodium in a large beaker of water and the contents exploded everywhere.

But the aftermath wasn't very nice.

wrxsti said:
lol whenever im stressed from PHYSICS !! i just do chemistry and maths.... soothing... lol.......... and when i feel like writing some BS i do english :)
i cant believe how stupid english is............. even a teacher at my school is like "we spend 2 years of our lives trying to teach you guys that this means that when we both know its Bullshit"
qft for English

ashraf91 said:
same here, but i was highly disappointed wen i got 2 do chem, no reactions wit rainbows or if u mix too much of a chemical together u get a BOOOOOOMM:(
i find maths as a hobby, physics as normal work chemistry as hard work and english as hell

Forbidden.
UAI AIM: log101093 Smart ass, see maths has a place every where
p.s. im also hoping for a UAI around der
Yeah If I don't go for a UAI of at least logarithm 10 of base 10 to the power of 93 I won't put in as much effort to attempt my first preference because I'm crazy.

Last edited:

joa.nst.ar

likes fluffy things
HSC
i know that im a chemistry nerd because eevrytime i make a cup of tea i think of the intra molecular bonds breaking between sugar molecules, as it dissolves.

HSC
Forbidden. said:
In Physics, the teacher placed a piece of pure sodium in a large beaker of water and the contents exploded everywhere.
In Year 9 and 10 my teacher did that. It was awesome. :D

ashraf91

HSC
Forbidden. said:

But the aftermath wasn't very nice.

qft for English

Yeah If I don't go for a UAI of at least logarithm 10 of base 10 to the power of 93 I won't put in as much effort to attempt my first preference because I'm crazy.

hahahahaa, we had a chemisrty open ended and i devised an experiment to use all d alkali metals except francium, and i put dem into water, ma chem teacher saw it and said " ARE U FUKN RETARTED...." i chose it cause its dangerous, i felt like exploring ma arb side and make an explosion, but i was turned down so yea...
hey bro wat u do wanna do in uni wit a 93

and yea english is the bigest bullshit, i dont even noe y d fuk its compulsary toward ur 10 units for d uai, fuk it a consiracy against d truly smart ppl who do sciences, so dey dont get toooooo high lmao

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
ashraf91 said:
hahahahaa, we had a chemisrty open ended and i devised an experiment to use all d alkali metals except francium, and i put dem into water, ma chem teacher saw it and said " ARE U FUKN RETARTED...." i chose it cause its dangerous, i felt like exploring ma arb side and make an explosion, but i was turned down so yea...
hey bro wat u do wanna do in uni wit a 93

and yea english is the bigest bullshit, i dont even noe y d fuk its compulsary toward ur 10 units for d uai, fuk it a consiracy against d truly smart ppl who do sciences, so dey dont get toooooo high lmao
Medical Science for teh UAI = d/dx(93x).

English targets Asians =(.

ashraf91

HSC
Forbidden. said:
Medical Science for teh UAI = d/dx(93x).

English targets Asians =(.
u do mean e^(0.5ln8649) ;)

dats kool man, i still dont noe wat im goin 2 do in uni, oh and english targets arabsas well, well reli imigrants in general ;)

Last edited:

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
when you want to explode and react anything with everything :D and say " its all in the name of studying the physical aspects of chemical reactions"

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I got High Distinction in ANCQ and didn't realise I had the potential to do so I wonder if imma Chemistry nerd.

beentherdunthat said:
Loving the makeover, F3NR15 ;)
I partially look like the kid in my avatar, the previous character in my avatar had virtually no similarities in appearance to me.

So stalkers and/or e-friends have some idea what I look like =\

:D

ashraf91 said:
u do mean e^(0.5ln8649) ;)

dats kool man, i still dont noe wat im goin 2 do in uni, oh and english targets arabsas well, well reli imigrants in general ;)
HOW yOU e0.5ln8649 ?

Well I'm a farken asian bogan and I try to fight my way up the top of English Standard and yeah foreigners are disadvantaged like hell :(.
In the end I'm close =/.

ashraf91

HSC
Forbidden. said:
I got High Distinction in ANCQ and didn't realise I had the potential to do so I wonder if imma Chemistry nerd.

I partially look like the kid in my avatar, the previous character in my avatar had virtually no similarities in appearance to me.

So stalkers and/or e-friends have some idea what I look like =\

HOW yOU e0.5ln8649 ?

Well I'm a farken asian bogan and I try to fight my way up the top of English Standard and yeah foreigners are disadvantaged like hell :(.
In the end I'm close =/.
eazy, using ln(a^b) = blna,
so 8649^0.5= 93
e^(ln93) = 93 :D

sum good revision

HSC
N/A
Lodgic said:
Well you know your a chemistry nerd/science enthusiast when:

- You cover your study area with periodic tables, standard potential data sheets and loads of diagrams of common side-groups of molecules. eg. COOH-
- Start collecting different types of periodic tables, especially those colourful ones :rofl: and keeping a pocket periodic table on you at all times
- Reading university level dictionaries of chemistry/science
- Attempting to hypothesize how to improve the world with radical ideas of chemistry
- Attempt to buy 1000 test tubes of ebay for the fun of it - i saw a crate of 1000 for only 20 australian dollars WOAH!! now thats value
- Explaining everyday stuff - like "you can't smell salt, its all held together in a lattice work so no 'ions' can break off and reach the smell receptors in ur nostrils"

:uhhuh: Kudos fellow chemists, *i salute ur regime of chemical domination* :rofl:
Why didn't it work?

-when you relate the distribution of stock in the supermarket you work at to thermodynamics (entropy increases. a lot.)

salco

wooop!
HSC
Lodgic said:
Well you know your a chemistry nerd/science enthusiast when:

- You cover your study area with periodic tables, standard potential data sheets and loads of diagrams of common side-groups of molecules. eg. COOH-
- Start collecting different types of periodic tables, especially those colourful ones :rofl: and keeping a pocket periodic table on you at all times
- Reading university level dictionaries of chemistry/science
- Attempting to hypothesize how to improve the world with radical ideas of chemistry
- Attempt to buy 1000 test tubes of ebay for the fun of it - i saw a crate of 1000 for only 20 australian dollars WOAH!! now thats value
- Explaining everyday stuff - like "you can't smell salt, its all held together in a lattice work so no 'ions' can break off and reach the smell receptors in ur nostrils"

:uhhuh: Kudos fellow chemists, *i salute ur regime of chemical domination* :rofl:

hehehe

i hav a periodic table in my wallet which i proudly show to random strangers :)

i think i got it from some science comp...

:p

wrxsti said:
we make fire rainbows by spraying all the flame test chemicals on paper/bench and bunsen-lighting it :)

.. you know your a chemisty nerd when such things amuse you..?

..... or perhaps it just means your immature?

hmmm

beentherdunthat

HSC
salco said:
we make fire rainbows by spraying all the flame test chemicals on paper/bench and bunsen-lighting it :)

.. you know your a chemisty nerd when such things amuse you..?

..... or perhaps it just means your immature?

Tsktsk.

We used to open up the gas tubes, and put the lighter in front of it. You get a flame over 50 cm long just shooting in one direction. AND THEN we used to 'experiment' flame tests ;) Haha. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)