• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

"you will get caught?" (1 Viewer)

tazm

is there any evidence for that message up the top of the resource pages...err... not that its in my interests to know. it might do some good for people to be aware of the risks that plagiarism has - or are there none?

sally_33

HSC
well you won't necessarily get caught, but teachers do browse this site and many use the resources.. if they found out that u'd plagiarised for an assessment task i know at my school you'd get 0.

if you used an essay off there for say english, your teacher should be able to tell your style anyway so they'd probably suspect plagiarism even if they didnt know it was from this site

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
but what if you actually developed your style so much that it is unrecognisabnle to the style you had previously had. it does happen. i have been accused of plagarism before, but i had all the resources and the thing is that i spent so long on that assignemnt and it was like a slap in the face for the teacher to tell me that she thoght i had plagarised.

tazm

sally_33 said:
if you used an essay off there for say english, your teacher should be able to tell your style anyway so they'd probably suspect plagiarism even if they didnt know it was from this site
as long as you cant get punished for been a suspected plagiarist. I just hope they dont change the laws like they did with terrorism, that one really caught me out.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
wrong_turn said:
but what if you actually developed your style so much that it is unrecognisabnle to the style you had previously had. it does happen. i have been accused of plagarism before, but i had all the resources and the thing is that i spent so long on that assignemnt and it was like a slap in the face for the teacher to tell me that she thoght i had plagarised.
If you developed your style so much that it was unrecognisable to the style you copied from... why not just write your own work? It would take just as much effort.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
In Year 10 2004, there was huge crackdown on plagiarism in a Science Biotechnology Assignment at my school. I think about HALF THE GRADE, even some of those that you would not expect to plagiarise GOT A ZERO MARK for that assessment report. The thing was, that many tried to copy and paste some bits and pieces from websites and then attempt to reword the paragraphs. Somehow, the science faculty was able to pick that up.
Apparently, the whole school heard about it even teachers from other faculties. Some admitted to it, while others tried to appeal. I don't think anyone actually did overturn the decision successfully. Our year adviser wasn't very happy though....especially with some of those who got caught, being selective students....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)