• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Young Achievers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

felafel

yes yes you SHOULD register

it's the best! you learn SOOO much about business - all the processes that occur in a business, organisation, management skills, the lot!

and you meet lots of people from different schools....

fun fun i say!

Merforga

Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
In YAA, basically, you set up a business, and sell the products, with many other people. It goes for about 6 months. When you register, they ask you where you live, and they try to allocate you somewhere close to where you live.

My meeting place was close to my school because i lived so far away from it ^^

Originally posted by felafel
yes yes you SHOULD register

it's the best! you learn SOOO much about business - all the processes that occur in a business, organisation, management skills, the lot!

and you meet lots of people from different schools....

fun fun i say!

Hahah ours was the best group. Some interesting facts about our group:

Schools : 5
Percentages:
St George Girls high 90%
Sydney Tech 4%
Norht Sydney Girls 4%
Danebank 1%
Sydney Boys 1%

Number of ppl in group : 30odd people
Ratio of guys to girls : 1:10

Director Schools:
Managing: Sydney Tech (ME ^^)
Marketing: Sydney Tech
Manufacturing: North Sydney Girls
Finance: North Sydney Girls
Secretarial: St George
Environmental : St George

^__^ Twas a fun group =D

astro

HSC
we only had about 12 people in our group.....the other two didn't do nething

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
we had 13 i think... i remember our group was smaller than most of the others. we were also one of the few groups with more guys than girls. :p
Originally posted by Merforga
Manufacturing: North Sydney Girls
Finance: North Sydney Girls
who? i've forgotten who was in your group...

Merforga

Originally posted by greeninsanity
we had 13 i think... i remember our group was smaller than most of the others. we were also one of the few groups with more guys than girls. :p

who? i've forgotten who was in your group...

Ummm
Zhiyan was manufacturing
Rose was Finance
and then there was Blossom and Cathy (can't remember if she was St George or NSGHS)?

gerta

LOL.. young achievers! i did it last yr with all my friends... we had the best time eva! it was so fun... apart from the fact that we didnt even make a profit it was awsome! maybe if your group is a bit more together then ours was.. we suked totally! but ohh ya gotta love us!

gerta

hahha.. no profit!??! that's pretty hard to do!

lol i know... we were called uzeyabrain or somfin i dnt really remember we were in the canberra division.. we suked! but had a gr8 time while we were suky!

Kulazzi

HSC
it is a bit stressing at times but as many others before me had mentioned, it's wayyyyy fun, and a great experience!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

astro

HSC
I remember making our product which was body butter and lip balm....they were bad days.....my uniform was always smeared with the stuff.....it was hard to wash off becasue it was like wax and to make matters worse nobody ever wanted to clean up......every maufacturing Monday made me going home smelling like a combination of Chanel No. 5, watermelon, mango passionfruit, strawberry and grape.....then there was coundting the stuff we had made and how much was wasted........most of the tubes didn't even wind up....

Those are the days i DO NOT miss

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by astro
I remember making our product which was body butter and lip balm....they were bad days.....my uniform was always smeared with the stuff.....it was hard to wash off becasue it was like wax and to make matters worse nobody ever wanted to clean up......every maufacturing Monday made me going home smelling like a combination of Chanel No. 5, watermelon, mango passionfruit, strawberry and grape.....then there was coundting the stuff we had made and how much was wasted........most of the tubes didn't even wind up....

when did we have a grape flavour???

Anyways, b/c me and laura live close to the PCYC, we were usually the last ones to stay behind and clean up cos everyone had to catch a train or go with rob or col to get dropped off

astro

HSC
excuse me...sometimes i was left with narelle to clean up whilst everyone was upstairs doing something or rather....laura rarely cleaned up.....the hot water nearly killed me coz if you used cold water the ingredients would get stuck on the bowl...every monday night i got home at about 7.30pm that....and we did have a grape flavour for lip balm, didn't we?....it was the purple one......

C

CaR

Originally posted by mushroom_head
Yeah i did it last yr as well. i was FINANCE DIRECTOR! but the thing was i needed so much help in the calculations.
nevertheless we made a profit
oh hey!~* i found you again..=D

well yeh...yaa..hrmm...i dont remember bein much help ><" besides designing a crappy logo...oh well

Kulazzi

HSC
and we did have a grape flavour for lip balm, didn't we?....it was the purple one......
ok sorry sorry. And that was our jellybean flavour. Remember, we were giving away free bags of jeelybeans to whoever bought it?? Grape.....:rofl: :)

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
I do not miss... the company secretary's self-righteous lectures on handing things in on time etc. (especially when he lost the share register!)
I also do not miss looking for lost stock (we couldn't account for almost half our stock at one stage... :eek: ). so stressful.

Kulazzi

HSC
I know, counting each and individual stock......................takes.................a.............................long.........................time.............................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)