Young Writers Showcase '05 (1 Viewer)

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Hey can someone please tell me all the people and their schools, that were selected for the Young Writer's Showcase '05 please.

Thanks, Eyetalian

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Alternatively, your local library will likely have a copy for you to peruse.:)

Lavenderpup

HSC
Not bothered finding the schools.

On the DVD -
Amy Christiansen
Stefania Cox
Luke Dockrill
Amy Nazloomian
Maya Newell
Jacob Taylor
Chance Waters

In the Book-
Michelle Swainson
Satu Chad
Matthew Ji Xing Cai
Matthew Gibson
Leah Hannam
Ariel Bogle
Bianca Chang
Alison Fleming
Amelia Schmidt
Luke Geddes
Nicholas Burdekin
Zoe Adams-Lau
Madeline Delves
Sarah Mulcahy

Porcia

HSC
Lavenderpup said:
Not bothered finding the schools.

On the DVD -
Amy Christiansen
Stefania Cox
Luke Dockrill
Amy Nazloomian
Maya Newell
Jacob Taylor
Chance Waters

In the Book-
Michelle Swainson
Satu Chad
Matthew Ji Xing Cai
Matthew Gibson
Leah Hannam
Ariel Bogle
Bianca Chang
Alison Fleming
Amelia Schmidt
Luke Geddes
Nicholas Burdekin
Zoe Adams-Lau
Madeline Delves
Sarah Mulcahy
when u said luke geddes - its actually lucy geddes

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
yeah she came third but i thought her critical theory was the best there.

oh but for short story i especially loved the first one in the showcase. it was postmodern and it was called 'death of the author' or something. that was hawt :eek:

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/youngwriters/index.html if you want to see their bibliography. its the most you'll get without purchasing the book. :)

broken_jukebox

HSC
eyetalian said:
Hey can someone please tell me all the people and their schools, that were selected for the Young Writer's Showcase '05 please.

Thanks, Eyetalian

Hey im matt, and i went to concord high school - if that helps. p.s. its a shithole. tho there were 2-3 great english teachers there.

yeh this yrs ext. 2 06, are apparantly very very good -
na just joking, they're struggling big time.

Porcia

HSC
hahaha ok - yeah i agree lucy's critical theory was very very good BUT!!! i LOVED sweet's critical theory - im suprised it didnt make it into showcase - but thats probably because it had a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes. nonetheless, sweet's critical response was very good ion content, idea, language and expression. hers is in the bored of studies forum showcase thing so look it up - called "the american dream" or soemthing

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
i'm sorry lucy's was better

PWn3D

matt's poems were quite good as well

oh and mathew sanderson (he came 8th i think) has a play which is in the BoS showcase.

Porcia

HSC
well each for his own i guess :p lucy was great in the way she incorporated elements from here and there. great exploration into the whole feminine thing. im doing something VAGUELY similar without the lecture/fictional framework. so bobness - would u be interested in reading mine? btw what r u doing?

whiteboyoncampu

HSC
what about that lost kiddies one im doing critical this year and i reckon it twas ok

Porcia

HSC
post-colonial criticism? yeah it was alright considering i know nothing about it

xxflauntitxx

HSC
hey everyone. since your not here forjust the chat (or atleast i hope not...:|) then im just going to go ahead and assume that you all are doing/have done/will do extension 2 for your HSC. which leads me to my question- how far is everyone else along with everything? my schools pushing us to be right up there and have all our stuff done NOW...we have our report due back first day of school and we're apparently supposed to be completely finished our major works, with just minor touch ups ad changes happening? does this ring a bell with anyone....please say no im not quite that far yet!!! xx

Porcia

HSC
your signature "What would you change next time?"... If I didn't like something, I would have changed it!!! DUH!" would that happen to be a question for your report/RS? cause it is on mine. anyway - in response to your question, i concede with pablo picasso "an artist never finishes his work. he simply abandons it"

Emph

HSC
Porcia said:
your signature "What would you change next time?"... If I didn't like something, I would have changed it!!! DUH!" would that happen to be a question for your report/RS? cause it is on mine. anyway - in response to your question, i concede with pablo picasso "an artist never finishes his work. he simply abandons it"
I hate that question so much. It does not make sense to answer. Unless of course they assume we are all lazy bums who do stuff 10 minutes before it needs to be handed in. I am not a lazy bum and I change things that need fixing.

broken_jukebox

HSC
bobness said:
i'm sorry lucy's was better

PWn3D

matt's poems were quite good as well

oh and mathew sanderson (he came 8th i think) has a play which is in the BoS showcase.

No there was Matthew Cai - poetry Surface Simplicity, and Matthew Gibson critical response - Orphans of the Empire.

Whoa - though thanks BOBNESS, for the compliment on my poems, though I hate them now. Showcase haunts me, now my mistakes are open for the public to see - a very marginal public, but still... However, don't get me wrong, I am incredibily greatful to Showcase. Not even my friends have read my work, they just can't get past the table of contents.

Anyways, not all great major works like that listed about "Sweet's the american dream" (i havnt read it). Showcase choose all the top scoring works of HSC Ext 2, but they choose the ones that arranged together will form an eclectic anthology. So, sometimes other great works aren't included. Anyways I dont really think showcase is a top seller, so not many people read/find it. So best luck for your major work if ur in yr 12 this yr.

I quite like Chance Water's performance The Global Playground (very political and street), Sarah Mulcahy's A Critical investigation of JM Coetzee's Liberal Humanist Discourse.

Porcia

HSC
sweet's "american dream" thing didnt actually score too well with an external mark of 39 - nevertheless it was excellent in my opinion. i was talking about 'orphans of the empire' before when i said something about postcolonial analysis btw. if i could do the hsc all over again i'd do postcolonial analysis - its so interesting but yet its also mundane

gorgo31

HSC
Porcia said:
sweet's "american dream" thing didnt actually score too well with an external mark of 39 - nevertheless it was excellent in my opinion. i was talking about 'orphans of the empire' before when i said something about postcolonial analysis btw. if i could do the hsc all over again i'd do postcolonial analysis - its so interesting but yet its also mundane
That's really odd, because I thought the same thing about postcolonialism after I handed in my major work. It would've been nice to have had something as complex and intellectually challenging to critically engage with.

Oh, and Sweets' external mark was one of several surprises (at both ends of the spectrum) of the 2005 EE2 BoSer cohort. In my opinion, it was a ridiculous decision, and as in previous years there was no shortage of them. So take heed young 06ers - unless you know that you've played the game extraordinarily well, try not to expect anything from your external mark.

/thread hi-jack :)

Emph

HSC
gorgo31 said:
So take heed young 06ers - unless you know that you've played the game extraordinarily well, try not to expect anything from your external mark.
Damn.

How do you 'play the game'? Not that I want (It's too late for me to change my MW).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)