Young Writers Showcase (1 Viewer)

meg__

HSC
I'm not being presumptuous... just wondering if anyone knows when Extension 2 candidates find out if their work was published and when the 2006 issue is released?

shimmy&shine

HSC
meg__ said:
I'm not being presumptuous... just wondering if anyone knows when Extension 2 candidates find out if their work was published and when the 2006 issue is released?
you get notified that you have been shortlisted for the showcase soon after you get your mark. Don't expect anything if you don't get 50 of course.

The showcase gets published in or around May, quite faraway. If your in, you get a free ocmplimentary book. How cool!

shimmy&shine

HSC
lol, because it would be such an honour to get in! I loved the ee2 course, and I believe that it really helped me appreciate english in so many ways. Plus I'm really attached to my major work, although that doesn't mean everyone will like it, but you know.

I like to think positively :)

shimmy&shine

HSC
omg... i don't care about any other mark except ee2. I only want a good mark for ee2. I swear i put my heart and soul into it.
I googled "young writers showcase" and this webpage was the third listed... interesting.

shimmy&shine

HSC
Poetry. I'm really glad I chose this option.
I'm reading my major work again, and I'm like "I wrote this!?!?" haha, like, I'm like I wish i could change that line or that wprd or remove that comma. And thereis this whole line i forgot to italisise and it's been bugging me, but oh well. :)

How about you renton?

renton

HSC
i did a few short stories, yeh its cool 2 be able to look over it all and see what all your ideas, thoughts, words etc have all amounted to.

shimmy&shine

HSC
what were your short stories about renton?

haha, I know someone last year wrote a speech about SEX, and guess what, she got 50/50. It was sex in texts and all about it. So glad these english markers have some sort of humour. Anyways, I've got one more HSC exams left to go! woot!

If I'm allowed to vent about my frustrations with biology, I'm gonna do it here because i don't think the bio thread is open yet.

I HATED BIOLOGY! SO EASY TO GET 100%. DID NOT TEST ANYTHING WAS GENERAL, BROAD, UNSTIMILUATING, NOT CHALLENGING, EASY MARKS, AND ANYONE COULD HAVE B****** THE WHOLE THING AND GOT A BAND 5. IT WAS RIDICUKOUSLY SIMPLE AND DID NOT COVER ANY DEPTH WITH ANY KEY TOPICS. COMMUNICATIONS WAS RIDICULOUS AND ARGH I'M SO ANGRY, AND SO ARE MY FRIENDS THAT ONE COULD KNOW THE WHOLE SYLLABUS BACK TO FRONT YET IN THE EXAM THEY MAYBE ASKED LIKE ONE TENTH OF THE BIOLOGY CONTENT (AND THE BASIC, GENERAL, COMMON SENSE, BASIC KNOWLEDGE). IT WAS TOO EASY. I'M NOT SAYING I GOT 100% ANDI I'M FANTASTIC, I MADE SILLY MISTAKES HERE AND THERE, BUT HONESTLY, THAT BIOLOGY EXAM IS NOT HSC LEVEL. WHAT A LET DOWN. BUT OHWELL ITS OVER. ANYWAY FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO DO AN EASY SUBJECT, BIOLOGY IS THE WAY TO GO.

thanks for allowing me to vent my anger :)
now I'm happy.

shimmy&shine

HSC
haha, well you're online now! Melbourne cup main race is on in 10 minutes! yay. I go for pop rock. Wow, I post the most irrelevant posts.

anyway, I'm sure after the hsc you will become an online whore again. :)

shimmy&shine

HSC
Ok, I can answer the question of the initial post of this thread now.

After reading all the showcase threads of 2004 and 2005, my impressions are this:

NOTIFICATION OF BEING SHORTLISTED: is around now! Around mid-November. So I'm guessing that the major works that to be considered for the showcase and have attained the mark 49 or 50 have been already chosen.

NOTIFICATIOM OF GETTING INTO THE 2006 EE2 SHOWCASE: occurs in March. Around Uni time.

So that's all i know. *fingers-crossed* :)

Good luck everyone. To everyone who deserves to be shortlisted, I hope you get in, because it's such an honour.

xoxo

shimmy&shine

HSC
haha, and did I nearly give you a heart attack you old, frail, wrinkly man?

I keep reading that post and for a split-second i believed it to! haha.

for anyone who also believed it for a split second, please admit it! It's funny!

renton

HSC
shimmyshine for society's sake, i hope you get into the showcase. an HSC related killing spree would not great publicity for the Board of Studies nor a celebration for the wider community

shimmy&shine

HSC
haha, ok, then. no more jokes. :)

I hope for peace sake, everyone that wants to get in, get's in.

although a little fairy is whispering into my ear that that is being far too unrealistic.

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
You made me go all emo for a second there. 'Oh noes! That makes three exhibition thingies I didn't get into! *slits wrists*'
Then I saw the just joking and I breathed a sigh of relief. *crosses fingers* I didn't get into OnStage or ArtExpress, at least let me get into this!

shimmy&shine

HSC
hey guys,

I recieved a letter today saying that i got nominated for the consideration of being in the Young Writers Showcase 2006.

This time... NO KIDDING!! lol. :) I'm being serious.

I was going to open a new thread,but i thought that would be too showy-offy of me, haha, so yeah.I'm still in shock and very flattered.

Good luck to all of you.. YAY!!!!

HSC
shimmy&shine said:
hey guys,

I recieved a letter today saying that i got nominated for the consideration of being in the Young Writers Showcase 2006.

This time... NO KIDDING!! lol. :) I'm being serious.

I was going to open a new thread,but i thought that would be too showy-offy of me, haha, so yeah.I'm still in shock and very flattered.

Good luck to all of you.. YAY!!!!
wow shimmy...congrats!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)