Young Writers' Showcase (1 Viewer)

JKFong

HSC
Hi there,

2022 graduate here. Was wondering if any of you 2021 kids who did English Extension 2 has received any info about being included in Showcase? Or can you not share? Just curious.

Thanks.

TheVuk

HSC
Hi there,

2022 graduate here. Was wondering if any of you 2021 kids who did English Extension 2 has received any info about being included in Showcase? Or can you not share? Just curious.

Thanks.
yh I got in bro

MJRey

HSC
Does anyone here know when the people who have been selected to be part of the Young Writer's Showcase are notified? And do you have a good chance of getting in if you got an E4 but you haven't achieved a state ranking?

jordan c:

HSC
Does anyone here know when the people who have been selected to be part of the Young Writer's Showcase are notified? And do you have a good chance of getting in if you got an E4 but you haven't achieved a state ranking?
How'd you do MJRey? :) Finally free from NESA's tyranny! I'm curious about this question too...

MJRey

HSC
How'd you do MJRey? :) Finally free from NESA's tyranny! I'm curious about this question too...
I did quite well! Got an E4, which I'm over the moon about. Yes, it feels great to be free! And hopefully someone has a good answer to this question!

thatnormster

HSC
Okay this is just an educated guess but.. You know how state ranks are reliant upon both External and Internal mark (like it ranks you solely on your Raw mark from the average of both of these)? I think Works specifically added in the Showcase are works that were just marked well externally.

If someone had an internal mark of say, 44, and an external mark of 50, they'd probably get into the showcase over someone who had an internal mark of 50 but an external mark of 45. The sole basis is the External mark, just how well your major work is in and of itself regardless of how shit you performed in the Internal tasks. I think that's how that's judged. It just doesn't make sense any other way. Wouldn't be fair. I hope NESA's fair. Lol.

MJRey

HSC
Okay this is just an educated guess but.. You know how state ranks are reliant upon both External and Internal mark (like it ranks you solely on your Raw mark from the average of both of these)? I think Works specifically added in the Showcase are works that were just marked well externally.

If someone had an internal mark of say, 44, and an external mark of 50, they'd probably get into the showcase over someone who had an internal mark of 50 but an external mark of 45. The sole basis is the External mark, just how well your major work is in and of itself regardless of how shit you performed in the Internal tasks. I think that's how that's judged. It just doesn't make sense any other way. Wouldn't be fair. I hope NESA's fair. Lol.
Yeah, I guess that would be how they'd do it. But I'd still be happy with the fact I got an E4 even if I don't get in. Best of luck for all potential nominees for the showcase!

thatnormster

HSC
Yeah, I guess that would be how they'd do it. But I'd still be happy with the fact I got an E4 even if I don't get in. Best of luck for all potential nominees for the showcase!
Did I even answer your question properly? Lol sorry. yeah you don't need to state rank to get it (presumably) since it takes into account internals as well. Should've been more explicit about that takeaway.

MJRey

HSC
Did I even answer your question properly? Lol sorry. yeah you don't need to state rank to get it (presumably) since it takes into account internals as well. Should've been more explicit about that takeaway.
No worries. Your hypothesis on nominations was good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)