your best friend (1 Viewer)

klaris

HSC
what are they like?
are they extremely similar to you?
how long have you know them?
how did you meet etc.

yeah, just best friend life story thing going on here.

mes ami

HSC
bisexual. hilarious. silly. caring. sweet. loyal.
our lives are almost parallel sometimes.
known him for 8 years.
met in year 7 history on the first day of highschool.

ubernuton

HSC
i claim to have maybe 3 best friends
one is human female perfect oposite to me (also i may be in love with her)
short happy careing moral
5ish years
work

2 is human male, very similar
gay, crazy, intelligent, loyal, can talk about crap till the end of the world
7ish years
school (was a dickhead to me when i first met him but)

3 human male fairly similar
political, intelligent, always there,
6ish years
school-warhammer-nerd stuff

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
1: We lived on the same block for a few years and became friends that way. Never went to the same school because my parents were all about public education and hers were all about catholic schools with horrible uniforms. We have a similar sense of humour and share the same values and ideas about stuff so we never fight and we can always count on the other person to know where we're coming from and understand us even if other people don't. She's quite blunt, opinionated, etc. I would say we're about the same intellectually but she seems to think I'm the smarter one. She doesn't normally take crap from people however her current boyfriend is a complete dickhead and she knows this but puts up with it regardless of it making her unhappy. I worry about that. She is not a cat person but puts up with my continual cooing over my kitty and accepts that I will never be a dog person. She's not very emotional...idk how to describe it, like she will tell me anything, and I'll know if she's upset about it, but she'll never ever actually say that it upset her. I remember once trying to make her admit that someone hurt her and every time I said the word "hurt" she gagged and tried to push me off the bed lol.

2: Met in high school, probably became good friends in about year 9 or 10. Can't remember when it went from that to "best" friend, it just did. We have an almost identical sense of humour and there is an easiness to our friendship, we both know we can say or do pretty much anything and not be judged for it. She's a lot more extroverted than me and sometimes doesn't get my antisocial side just like I don't get how she can be "on" all the time. We share a love of tea. In this friendship she's definitely the more emotional/volatile one, which is opposite to my relationship with friend #1. Have been witness to many crying fits and listened to lots of rants. Has definite body image issues which I mostly ignore because she's actually quite gorgeous. We don't always see eye to eye on some issues but we don't ever argue enough for it to be a bad thing.

xMaNx

HSC
Extremely hard working and dedicated, ambitious, helpful, generous, competitive.
Similar, except more dedicated.
Known him since year 6, became best friend in year 8, still going strong.
Met at cricket team, both of us played for the same side, then the following year same high school.

BiancaMaree

HSC
well i have a few best friends;

emily; met her on the first day of preschool and we have been best friends since then; always at the same school and classes; shes quite alot like me except im more girly then her? haha
shes extrremly loud, fun and caring. haha and yeah been best friends for 12 years now.

jed; met him in kindy. always been in the same classes and school also (small town). use to do swimming club with him every summer as well as played footy on the same team for four years.
he is like the biggest man slut going but thats him. haha i think im the only chick he hasnt got with in years 11, 10 and 9 bahahaha but yeah i love him :)
known him for 11 years :)

and

jess; well she was a blow in, in year 6. me & em were always the two man gang & noone joined us haha when jess first came here we thought she was sooo weird and didnt talk to her and she hang out with the 'emo' group haha but then she had a fight with one of her mates so me & em were like uhhhhm. sure come with us; and it stayed like that since. cept now shes moved :(
but she is totally different to me; but i love her so much for that :) known her for 6 years now

and then theres another one i guess; but we fightin atm; but yeah

steven; met him when i was working at maccas; think he was the first person to talk to me on my first shift and not just stare? and like from then on we got along so well and always talked and got in trouble on shifts together; so known him for 2 years

GTwin

HSC
3 seems to be the number of best friends lots of people have...

2 of mine are girls (one is my twin, but that still counts)- they're both pretty similar to me, we have tonnes of fun (especially when we go silly) and they're very easy to talk to. I've known my twin my whole life (obviously) and I met the other girl in yr 7 but didn't become good friends with her til yr 8. we met in high school.

The other of mine is a guy a bit younger than me that I've known since the age of 5 when I moved out to the middle of nowhere- we sort of had to be friends cause there weren't that many other kids and besides, he is awesome :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I see my best friends not as friends but brothers.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
[J.D.]
Let's face the facts about me and you,
A love unspecified.
Though I'm proud to call you "Chocolate Bear,"
The crowd will always talk and stare.

[Turk]
I feel exactly those feelings, too
And that's why I keep them inside.
'Cause this bear can't bear the world's disdain,
And sometimes it's easier to hide,
Than explain our

[J.D. and Turk]
Guy love,
That's all it is,
Guy love,
He's mine, I'm his,
There's nothing gay about it in our eyes.

[Turk]
You ask me 'bout this thing we share,

[J.D.]
And he tenderly replies,

[Turk]
It's guy love

[J.D. and Turk]
Between two guys.

[Turk]
We're closer than the average man and wife,

[J.D.]
That's why our matching bracelets say Turk and J.D.

[Turk]
You know I'll stick by for the rest of my life.

[J.D.]
You're the only man who's ever been inside of me.

[Turk]
Whoa, I just took out his apendix.

[J.D.]
There's no need to clarify,

[Turk]
Oh no?

[J.D.]
Just let it grow more and more each day.
It's like I married my best friend,

[Turk]
But in a totally manly way.

[J.D. and Turk]
Let's go!
It's guy love,
Don't compromise,
The feeeling of some other guy,
Holding up your heart,
Into the sky.

[J.D.]
I'll be there to care through all the lows.

[Turk]
I'll be there to share the highs.

[J.D. and Turk]
It's guy love,
Between two guys.

[J.D.]
And when I say, "I love you, Turk,"
It's not what it impies.

[J.D. and Turk]
It's guy love
Between
Two
Guy

Hannargh

HSC
I haven't seen my first best friends in over 12 years, they were twins and I was shattered when the suddenly moved school.
From Kindy to Year 10 I had a best friend and it was all cool.

Then this guy came along and blah and blah and blah got her in with the wrong sorts of people, and now we hardly talk to each other, still friends but nothing like it used to.

Once I found a guy, we became friends, then really good friends, then best friends now he's my boyfriend :shy:

Last edited:

Ben1220

HSC
1. Very similar in some ways, very different in others. Known him for 16 years, we met at swimming lessons when we were 3 years old. Didn't really become friends with him until the start of junior school... Our school is prep-12 so we were friends right through from the start of school to the end of school... I think we both influenced each others development a great deal over the years... He's a quiet guy, I'm fairly quiet and introverted most of the time, but around him I'm usually the talkative one... He's also very organized and likes everything to be settled... if you know the MBTI he's definitely an ISTJ. I've done just about everything with him now that I think about it, we were in a band for a year back in 05-06... We were in junior school and senior school choir, and the chamber choir together, we've done a lot of shit over the internet together as well... including a bit of online gaming and mmorpgs... I was always into that more than he was though back in the day... Oh and the schemes and plans we came up with when we were younger.... ahahaha.... We'll always be friends, but he certainly does have his quirks, he's very private and emotionally closed off... doesn't share his feelings ect... I'm probably one of the people he's shared the most with in terms of his inner thoughts and feelings, and it hasn't been all that much... some people will share as much after a few drinks... let alone 16 years...

Person 2: Also similar to me in some ways and very different in others... Person 2 is extremely friendly, caring and polite. Compliments others all the time, speaks formally, not a mean spirited bone in his body... If I met him today I would probably think he was insincere / fake... no one can truly be that kind / caring to others. But he actually is that kind... I met him when he moved to my school in year 4. He left at the end of year 5 but I've been friends with him since. His family are christian and his parents are rather traditional, they go to church on sunday... say grace, ect... He has 3 siblings, so there always seems to be a lot going on at his place. It's pretty clear that his ubringing has something to do with the way he is so polite... and that's one way we are quite different. I don't hand out compliments that easily... He's an arts student and I'm a science student, but I have broad interests, so we're both interested in some of the same stuff, like philosophy. He would be very easy to manipulate, it is very hard for him to say no to people, and he always assumes the best in others. We are similar in that we are both quite a bit more interested in the world around us and abstract ideas than most people. We are different mainly in personality, he's extremely agreeable... I seem far more direct, brash and cold around him than I usually feel...

Person 3: Again similar in many ways, different in many.

Person 3 is Asian, but he is not stereotypically asian at all..., not that there's anything wrong with that, a lot of my other friends are much more stereotypically asian :p

He has perfect pitch and his life is mainly music, it always seems to have been. I knew him since year 7 when we started highschool together, but I never really got to know him until around year 10, and we became good friends by around year 11. He has perfect pitch, and writes a lot about music, he is actually doing music industry as his degree, so he's pretty serious about it. He has an interesting taste in music too... everything from Madonna to heavy metal...

thats one way we are similar, we both have very good ears and really enjoy playing and writing music... He also seems to be more introspective and interested in his own mind than the vast majority of people, which could also be said about me.

All of my closest friends have some things in common with me that most people don't, and that's why we're drawn to each other, but none of them are actually "very similar" to me, I have never met anyone I would say is very similar to me... Some of my newer friends at uni actually are a little more similar to me than my closest friends, but that's to be expected I guess, since we are all doing the same subjects and course ect...

Loneliness is

aint nothing glamorous in what you conceal, even w
HSC
N/A
1. Very similar in some ways, very different in others. Known him for 16 years, we met at swimming lessons when we were 3 years old. Didn't really become friends with him until the start of junior school... Our school is prep-12 so we were friends right through from the start of school to the end of school... I think we both influenced each others development a great deal over the years... He's a quiet guy, I'm fairly quiet and introverted most of the time, but around him I'm usually the talkative one... He's also very organized and likes everything to be settled... if you know the MBTI he's definitely an ISTJ. I've done just about everything with him now that I think about it, we were in a band for a year back in 05-06... We were in junior school and senior school choir, and the chamber choir together, we've done a lot of shit over the internet together as well... including a bit of online gaming and mmorpgs... I was always into that more than he was though back in the day... Oh and the schemes and plans we came up with when we were younger.... ahahaha.... We'll always be friends, but he certainly does have his quirks, he's very private and emotionally closed off... doesn't share his feelings ect... I'm probably one of the people he's shared the most with in terms of his inner thoughts and feelings, and it hasn't been all that much... some people will share as much after a few drinks... let alone 16 years...

Person 2: Also similar to me in some ways and very different in others... Person 2 is extremely friendly, caring and polite. Compliments others all the time, speaks formally, not a mean spirited bone in his body... If I met him today I would probably think he was insincere / fake... no one can truly be that kind / caring to others. But he actually is that kind... I met him when he moved to my school in year 4. He left at the end of year 5 but I've been friends with him since. His family are christian and his parents are rather traditional, they go to church on sunday... say grace, ect... He has 3 siblings, so there always seems to be a lot going on at his place. It's pretty clear that his ubringing has something to do with the way he is so polite... and that's one way we are quite different. I don't hand out compliments that easily... He's an arts student and I'm a science student, but I have broad interests, so we're both interested in some of the same stuff, like philosophy. He would be very easy to manipulate, it is very hard for him to say no to people, and he always assumes the best in others. We are similar in that we are both quite a bit more interested in the world around us and abstract ideas than most people. We are different mainly in personality, he's extremely agreeable... I seem far more direct, brash and cold around him than I usually feel...

Person 3: Again similar in many ways, different in many.

Person 3 is Asian, but he is not stereotypically asian at all..., not that there's anything wrong with that, a lot of my other friends are much more stereotypically asian :p

He has perfect pitch and his life is mainly music, it always seems to have been. I knew him since year 7 when we started highschool together, but I never really got to know him until around year 10, and we became good friends by around year 11. He has perfect pitch, and writes a lot about music, he is actually doing music industry as his degree, so he's pretty serious about it. He has an interesting taste in music too... everything from Madonna to heavy metal...

thats one way we are similar, we both have very good ears and really enjoy playing and writing music... He also seems to be more introspective and interested in his own mind than the vast majority of people, which could also be said about me.

All of my closest friends have some things in common with me that most people don't, and that's why we're drawn to each other, but none of them are actually "very similar" to me, I have never met anyone I would say is very similar to me... Some of my newer friends at uni actually are a little more similar to me than my closest friends, but that's to be expected I guess, since we are all doing the same subjects and course ect...

tl;dr

stfu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)