Your bra-style (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
glitterfairy said:
And whoever said Elle Macpherson only goes up to an AAAAAAAAAA+, not true... 14D, anyone?

A-D cup is standard for commercial sizing. Let's not discriminate against Love Kylie/Elle Macpherson et all just because they're doing what most commercial brands do. Either knock them all because they don't stock more sizes (in my opinion they should go up to an E cup), or stop discriminating?
What i think they mean is that the sizing is relatively smaller than other bra sizes. An Elle Macpherson D (in my opinion) is about equivalent to a C cup bra.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bendon, Kayser Brazillian Range, Elle Macpherson Intimates, Crystelle and Pleasure State. My absolute favourite bra is from Bendon- its soooo sexy and hawt and pretty. I absolutely love detail like feminine lacy trims, sexy sheer fabrics, ribbon, ruffle details etc.

For everyday wearing, i love Bonds and Fine Lines because their bras are mostly really comfy, affordable and practical. I also find Berlei barely there range to be so comfy, you'll forget youre wearing underwear.

bubbly

HSC
i really like bras that contain lace & are very femine.:) I also like ones with bright patterns and colours. I find it difficult 2 wear these sorts of bras thouugh because i have large breasts. It is very hard 2 find one that it femine & flattering but also fits:(

HSC
N/A
Skeeta said:
What i think they mean is that the sizing is relatively smaller than other bra sizes. An Elle Macpherson D (in my opinion) is about equivalent to a C cup bra.
Really? Hmm. I've always just thought they "hold" a lot better? (a bit like the difference between a Cue jacket and one bought from Target or something - sure they might be cut to fit the same size person but one nips in all the right places, you know?)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i dont know what brand my bras are, i forget (i always cut the tags off because they're irritating) but i do know most of them have really nice moulded cups that give a great natural looking shape. <3. i dont like push up bras, even though i do have small boobs, coz they just look stupid, i remember trying on a couple and thinking *wtf* at the bizarre shape they create. blech. im not too fussed about colour - i like black, blue, red, beige...oh and i dont like lacy cups but i dont mind a bit of lacy decoration, like the straps or the little bit in the middle or the back bit (man i need to remember what thats called)

giggleite

HSC
N/A
Skeeta said:
This is true. I fell in love with an elle bra and almost cried when the c was way small. So i forced myself to try on a d and it was the perfect fit.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Skeeta said:

Exactly. Coming from someone who's a 10DD, Elle and Kylie in particular have extremely small sizing (and yes, I've tried them on). Not only do a lot of their "bigger" sizes have a lot of padding which is simply not convenient for a bigger cup size (because you expect the bigger size to equate to more space but the padding takes up half of it), a D in the Elle range is about equivalent to a small C in say, Berlei. Now, if I'm a DD in Berlei, how do you suppose I can fit into an Elle bra?

It's something I understand - obviously these brands are focussed more on the style factor than anything else. Every bra shopping experience I have ends in pain...I pick at Elle and Kylie in particular because I've tried on A LOT of bras, and I continue to believe that the stylists of these companies have never seen a pair of tits in their life.

Add Bonds to that list as well.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Malfoy said:
One thing I've always been curious about - reckon they have those silicon bra things (that you just stick on when you're wearing backless or whatever tops) in a DD? I have a number of really nice tops that I haven't worn because I can't find a bra to go under them.

Though I must admit, I like the padding that comes in some of the bigger sizes. Even though I'd be classified as having 'big' boobs, I've got rather wide hips and so anything that makes me have a larger chest is all good. I'm funny like that though.
I've always wondered that as well. One of my friends who's about the same size had a pair of them and swore by them. I don't know if I'm game to buy them without trying them on though. They don't seem like they'd help much?

I'm the opposite lol. I have tiny hips and my boobs elicit so many WOAH's by random people I try my darndest to hide them. As I get older though I care less and less about too much cleavage.

501n2u

HSC
Love kylie also has some nice lacy feminine ones, which I absolutely adore. It's annoying because I've now grown to a 12DD, hard to find "sexy feminine lacy" bras -.-". Also kind of embarrassing because I'm asian >< and I'm not particularily big in body size neither, I'm so out of proportion. Everytime I go bra shopping I get the bras I try on, fitted by those ladies who know all about bras etc. I've never really noticed that Elle Macpherson & Love Kylie bra cup sizes were relatively smaller, then again those are the main brands I try on.

PrettyVacant

HSC
My size varies depending on when I buy bras and the brands. Have you noticed that you grow about another cup before your period? Or maybe it's just me. Anyway, went bra shopping today and was shocked to find I fit into 10Ds. But then again, I haven't bought bras for a while, might have just grown.

HSC
N/A
^ Yeah, I swell an extra half cup :( extra and painful bounce ftl!

The whole smaller cup thing is beginning to make a lot of sense.

In other news I really want to know if there is a Victoria's Secret in Sydney somewhere...

PrettyVacant

HSC
glitterfairy said:
^ Yeah, I swell an extra half cup :( extra and painful bounce ftl!

The whole smaller cup thing is beginning to make a lot of sense.

In other news I really want to know if there is a Victoria's Secret in Sydney somewhere...
I haven't discovered it yet. But I love Victoria's Secret. :D I think your best bet is to order online.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
the best ones i ihave at the moment i bought from target- they are the ones that have the interchangeable colour inserts . i bout one in white and black and they are so nice!! and comfortable. i hate when i look for D cups and all they have is the see through lace bras..it defeats the purpose of having a larger cup because they dont provide much support at all AND dont really cover anything.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
all bonds bras are shit. especially the intimates range, it loses all shape and elasticity after a few washes.

in my opinion you're better off buying more expensive underwear, washing it by habd and having it last for ages than buying cheap undies that rip and tear and fit badly. an exception to this rule is the kaiser line, which is cheap and lasts and fits well in my experience.

most girls wear the wrong sized bra. you can tell through the clothes even, and if they tug and adjust themselves.

jebbie, that bra is very sexy. is it still in stores? cos i want it in pink too.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
AlleyCat said:
in my opinion you're better off buying more expensive underwear, washing it by habd and having it last for ages than buying cheap undies that rip and tear and fit badly
:uhhuh: agreed

sorry i dont know if its still available. i got mine at myers though and it was the like second last one in stock and it fitted perfectly <3 it was amazing

pinkicecubes

HSC
I love Elle and Love Kylie bras :) Kayser are good at times also. I think those brands are better for smaller chested girls though

501n2u

HSC
PrettyVacant said:
I haven't discovered it yet. But I love Victoria's Secret. :D I think your best bet is to order online.

I've been trying to find a Victoria's Secret myself, I fell in love with that store when I went to the States ^^". It's so feminine hahas.

pinkicecubes

HSC
501n2u said:
I've been trying to find a Victoria's Secret myself, I fell in love with that store when I went to the States ^^". It's so feminine hahas.
oh same :( i knew i would be regretting not buying up like a storm there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)